McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives
McCann XBC worked with Mastercard this year to support World Pride as a continuation of its #AcceptanceMatters initiative.
Mastercard created “Acceptance Street,” a street sign installation at the intersection of Gay and Christopher Streets. The street sign is a symbol of support for the growing LGBTQIA+ community, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall.
The official street sign now expands from Christopher and Gay to read Christopher and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Pansexual, Two Spirit, + Street. Mastercard worked with the city’s Human Rights Commission to sanction the signs which were then crafted by the same company that builds street signs for New York City.
For many in the LGBTQIA+ community, the name on their credit, debit or prepaid card does not reflect their identity. As a result, for the transgender and non-binary communities in particular, their cards can serve as a source of sensitivity, misrepresenting their true identity when shopping and going about daily life.
Mastercard has made a commitment to address this challenge by introducing the True Name™ card. Mastercard has worked with partners to create this new product, as well as a sensitive and private process free of personal questions, that will allow for true names to appear on cards without the requirement of a legal name change. This will ease a major pain point for the transgender and non-binary community. Read more.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019