Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges
Despite going 635 days without a win, Cleveland Browns fans remained as loyal and optimistic as ever. Bud Light, the NFL’s official beer sponsor, saw an opportunity to honor the city and its football team with a once-in-a-lifetime victory celebration.
The challenge? Creating a celebration worthy of the wait. The solution? Victory Fridges. Victory Fridges are wifi-enabled locked refrigerators full of ice-cold Bud Light. They were placed in bars around the city and set to simultaneously open at the very moment the Cleveland Browns secured their first win.
The Weber Shandwick team didn’t know when that win would come, but we had to be ready. Working with the Browns organization and Bud Light wholesalers, we placed bright orange smart-tech fridges throughout Cleveland while building anticipation for the long overdue victory. To further rally the city, we invited former Browns legends to deliver the first fridge and presented mini fridge replicas to influencers and Browns devotees such as The Miz, Pumpkin Head and Andrew Hawkins.
Finally, in the third week, the team got their win, the fridges unlocked, and Clevelanders were finally able to taste victory once again with a Bud Light in hand. From the moment Victory Fridges were introduced during the pre-season, through several down-to-the-wire-overtime-losses, to the Browns’ highly anticipated week 3 win, Bud Light dominated local and national media with over 2 billion impressions. It also caught the attention of international judges, winning a bronze PR Lion and a bronze Entertainment for Sports Lion at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019