AXE Dark Temptation - Lowe Ponce
New products are the main source of growth for Axe in terms of market share and brand image. But recent new products were bringing less incremental business due to copy-catting, a predictable communication formula and increasingly being perceived as a cheap fragrance brand.
The client wanted to develop fragrances that build on the Axe essence (seduction) in a renewed way that could boost the credibility of the brand’s fantasy of attracting women.
Research suggested that "women just cannot hold back from chocolate’s irresistible temptation."
This insight led to the campaign idea: "Become irresistible to girls. Chocolatize Yourself." brought to life via an integrated multimedia strategy. TV achieved the requisite awareness and reach, portraying a man spraying Dark Temptation, turning into a Choco guy and thus becoming irresistible to women. Equally important were localised, aggressive sampling and PR drives, reaching out to youth at key hang-outs. A strong digital platform, including Facebook competitions, was crucial to establish long-term consumer engagement and enliven the brand idea.
Axe Dark Temptation has become the best-selling product in a range of countries – from Argentina to the US. In Argentina the brand reached 27.1% market share, its highest ever. In France, Dark Temptation was the best ever Axe launch and became the number 1 product in the deodorant market.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018