"The Force" Deutsch
To create a superstar TV spot for the 2011 Super Bowl, the year's most anticipated sports and advertising showdown in America's popular culture.
The insight and Solution
At $3 million for a 30 second spot, the Super Bowl is the US’s biggest night in advertising. The challenge was to stand out against traditional Super Bowl advertising which is full of explosions and big moments of silliness.
For the all-new 2012 Passat , Volkswagen brings Star Wars™ to one of TV’s most talked about events. Accompanied by John Williams’ iconic “The Imperial March,” the spot features the most infamous villain in the galaxy, a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. The two iconic brands leverage humor and the unforgettable Star Wars score to create an emotional spot and make Super Bowl ad history.
- With over 60 Million You Tube views, the campaign is the most viewed auto ad of all time.
- Top 5 worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
- Voted the Number One Super Bowl ad on acclaimed online sites including NFL FanHouse, Hulu, AdBowl and Super Bowl.
- As of early 2015, it remains remains the most shared Super Bowl spot of all time.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019