"The Force" Deutsch
To create a superstar TV spot for the 2011 Super Bowl, the year's most anticipated sports and advertising showdown in America's popular culture.
The insight and Solution
At $3 million for a 30 second spot, the Super Bowl is the US’s biggest night in advertising. The challenge was to stand out against traditional Super Bowl advertising which is full of explosions and big moments of silliness.
For the all-new 2012 Passat , Volkswagen brings Star Wars™ to one of TV’s most talked about events. Accompanied by John Williams’ iconic “The Imperial March,” the spot features the most infamous villain in the galaxy, a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. The two iconic brands leverage humor and the unforgettable Star Wars score to create an emotional spot and make Super Bowl ad history.
- With over 60 Million You Tube views, the campaign is the most viewed auto ad of all time.
- Top 5 worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
- Voted the Number One Super Bowl ad on acclaimed online sites including NFL FanHouse, Hulu, AdBowl and Super Bowl.
- As of early 2015, it remains remains the most shared Super Bowl spot of all time.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018
- IPG AHG to Participate in Dragon Boat Races - Published on 08/10/2018
- Jack Morton and LEGO Technic Create the Brand's First Live Brand Experience in China - Published on 08/08/2018