"The Force" Deutsch
To create a superstar TV spot for the 2011 Super Bowl, the year's most anticipated sports and advertising showdown in America's popular culture.
The insight and Solution
At $3 million for a 30 second spot, the Super Bowl is the US’s biggest night in advertising. The challenge was to stand out against traditional Super Bowl advertising which is full of explosions and big moments of silliness.
For the all-new 2012 Passat , Volkswagen brings Star Wars™ to one of TV’s most talked about events. Accompanied by John Williams’ iconic “The Imperial March,” the spot features the most infamous villain in the galaxy, a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. The two iconic brands leverage humor and the unforgettable Star Wars score to create an emotional spot and make Super Bowl ad history.
- With over 60 Million You Tube views, the campaign is the most viewed auto ad of all time.
- Top 5 worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
- Voted the Number One Super Bowl ad on acclaimed online sites including NFL FanHouse, Hulu, AdBowl and Super Bowl.
- As of early 2015, it remains remains the most shared Super Bowl spot of all time.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019