"The Force" Deutsch
To create a superstar TV spot for the 2011 Super Bowl, the year's most anticipated sports and advertising showdown in America's popular culture.
The insight and Solution
At $3 million for a 30 second spot, the Super Bowl is the US’s biggest night in advertising. The challenge was to stand out against traditional Super Bowl advertising which is full of explosions and big moments of silliness.
For the all-new 2012 Passat , Volkswagen brings Star Wars™ to one of TV’s most talked about events. Accompanied by John Williams’ iconic “The Imperial March,” the spot features the most infamous villain in the galaxy, a pint-sized Darth Vader who uses the Force when he discovers the all-new 2012 Passat in the driveway. The two iconic brands leverage humor and the unforgettable Star Wars score to create an emotional spot and make Super Bowl ad history.
- With over 60 Million You Tube views, the campaign is the most viewed auto ad of all time.
- Top 5 worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
- Voted the Number One Super Bowl ad on acclaimed online sites including NFL FanHouse, Hulu, AdBowl and Super Bowl.
- As of early 2015, it remains remains the most shared Super Bowl spot of all time.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019