BMW Drive For Team USA
Drive for Team USA, a national driving program, served as the retail launch of BMW’s partnership with the US Olympic Committee. At 277 one-day, dealer-hosted test drive events, specially-invited guests received a full walk-through of the latest BMW technologies, an opportunity to test drive the BMW model of their choice and the chance to make a difference for Team USA (for every test drive, $10 was donated by BMW to Team USA).
In 2011, a non-Olympic year, BMW challenged Octagon to create and activate a breakthrough event program to support BMW's partnership with the United States Olympic Committee.
What Octagon Did
Octagon coordinated “meet and greets” with a current or former Olympic athlete at each of the 277 events and negotiated partnerships for BMW with 11 Olympic athletes to create the BMW Performance Team in support of the program.
Octagon executed 10 simultaneous tours, consisting of 74 vehicles and 54 Octagon staff traveling the country between June and September.
The highly-integrated program was supported via national television advertising, on-site branding, customized dealer videos, digital, social media and traditional PR initiatives.
More than 20K consumers conducted nearly 25K test drives, registering a 22% conversion rate (new BMW purchase within six months) among event participants.
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019