BMW Drive For Team USA
Drive for Team USA, a national driving program, served as the retail launch of BMW’s partnership with the US Olympic Committee. At 277 one-day, dealer-hosted test drive events, specially-invited guests received a full walk-through of the latest BMW technologies, an opportunity to test drive the BMW model of their choice and the chance to make a difference for Team USA (for every test drive, $10 was donated by BMW to Team USA).
In 2011, a non-Olympic year, BMW challenged Octagon to create and activate a breakthrough event program to support BMW's partnership with the United States Olympic Committee.
What Octagon Did
Octagon coordinated “meet and greets” with a current or former Olympic athlete at each of the 277 events and negotiated partnerships for BMW with 11 Olympic athletes to create the BMW Performance Team in support of the program.
Octagon executed 10 simultaneous tours, consisting of 74 vehicles and 54 Octagon staff traveling the country between June and September.
The highly-integrated program was supported via national television advertising, on-site branding, customized dealer videos, digital, social media and traditional PR initiatives.
More than 20K consumers conducted nearly 25K test drives, registering a 22% conversion rate (new BMW purchase within six months) among event participants.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019