BMW Drive For Team USA
Drive for Team USA, a national driving program, served as the retail launch of BMW’s partnership with the US Olympic Committee. At 277 one-day, dealer-hosted test drive events, specially-invited guests received a full walk-through of the latest BMW technologies, an opportunity to test drive the BMW model of their choice and the chance to make a difference for Team USA (for every test drive, $10 was donated by BMW to Team USA).
In 2011, a non-Olympic year, BMW challenged Octagon to create and activate a breakthrough event program to support BMW's partnership with the United States Olympic Committee.
What Octagon Did
Octagon coordinated “meet and greets” with a current or former Olympic athlete at each of the 277 events and negotiated partnerships for BMW with 11 Olympic athletes to create the BMW Performance Team in support of the program.
Octagon executed 10 simultaneous tours, consisting of 74 vehicles and 54 Octagon staff traveling the country between June and September.
The highly-integrated program was supported via national television advertising, on-site branding, customized dealer videos, digital, social media and traditional PR initiatives.
More than 20K consumers conducted nearly 25K test drives, registering a 22% conversion rate (new BMW purchase within six months) among event participants.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019