R/GA/That's Not Cool
R/GA creates groundbreaking multimedia campaign to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Why Pro Bono?
To raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Pressure for nude pics. Harassing text messages. Constant phone calls. Breaking into Facebook and MySpace accounts. Teen dating has moved into the digital world and abuse has followed.
R/GA teamed up with The Ad Council, Family Violence Prevention Fund and the Office on Violence Against Women to create That's Not Cool, a groundbreaking multimedia campaign in the U.S. designed to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse. Instead of preaching to teens, the campaign encourages dialogue. It invites teens to help define the issue and provides information on how to prevent it.
Centered on the website, ThatsNotCool.com, the integrated effort spans TV, radio, out of home, online advertising, and social media channels, including Facebook and YouTube. Since mobile devices are a huge aspect of teen life, the campaign's mobile site is an integral component to spreading awareness.
“That’s Not Cool” marks the first time The Ad Council chose a digital agency as agency of record. From January 5-April 8, 2009, website visits exceeded 300,000, significantly surpassing traffic typically seen on other Ad Council teen-targeted websites. The campaign was also profiled by top-tier press, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and NBC’s “Today” show.
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018
- Jack Morton and Audible Bring Audio Content to Newark Community - Published on 03/14/2018