Dove Hair Profiler
Dove wanted to drive awareness of women's haircare issues and demonstrate its solution. We built a customized digital engine that was rolled out to over 20 global markets.
Almost 80% of women have damaged hair‚ mainly due to simple daily styling, but they do not believe it is actually damaged.
Dove wanted to drive awareness around this issue of hair damage and provide a solution with its Damage Therapy Range products.
The range of products is quite diverse and so we wanted to develop a solution that provided custom recommendations by specific hair type.
We concepted, designed and built a centrally-hosted, globally-developed Facebook application that gave users a unique damage rating and product recommendation based on their answers to a number of questions covering hair type, styling routine and lifestyle factors.
In order for the application to function accurately, we worked with the Unilever R&D team to develop a "Damage Therapy Matrix," a complex algorithm that sits behind the profiler, enabling it to recommend a product range based on a user's input.
We later developed the tool as a touch screen application for use at point of purchase and on brand roadshows.
With adaption into more than 20 global markets, more than 50,000 people have engaged with the app through Facebook and the "live" touchscreen version at events, helping to successfully launch the specialist haircare product globally.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019