Tesco Staff Site
Building an innovative website to answer the needs of the world's third largest grocery retailer and its staff.
Tesco had a simple brief - to create an online space that staff could feel was their own, driven by their content, and usable on multiple devices so that they could better engage with the business.
Our insight was that for this to work, we needed to engage staff on an ongoing basis. The site needed to be as useful to them as it was to the business, and so our solution was to create a digital version of the staff pinboards used in every store.
We devised a concept called "Pods'" which will enable staff to create groups around shared passions and interests. This brought the staff together and has worked to drive ongoing engagement, from desktop and mobile devices.
The site was initially launched late in 2012. The business buy-in for it on a global level has been so strong that it has been approved for adaptation within Tesco's key markets in Thailand and Hungary. A stage two development process has been started for the core site.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019