Tesco Staff Site
Building an innovative website to answer the needs of the world's third largest grocery retailer and its staff.
Tesco had a simple brief - to create an online space that staff could feel was their own, driven by their content, and usable on multiple devices so that they could better engage with the business.
Our insight was that for this to work, we needed to engage staff on an ongoing basis. The site needed to be as useful to them as it was to the business, and so our solution was to create a digital version of the staff pinboards used in every store.
We devised a concept called "Pods'" which will enable staff to create groups around shared passions and interests. This brought the staff together and has worked to drive ongoing engagement, from desktop and mobile devices.
The site was initially launched late in 2012. The business buy-in for it on a global level has been so strong that it has been approved for adaptation within Tesco's key markets in Thailand and Hungary. A stage two development process has been started for the core site.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019