Tesco Staff Site
Building an innovative website to answer the needs of the world's third largest grocery retailer and its staff.
Tesco had a simple brief - to create an online space that staff could feel was their own, driven by their content, and usable on multiple devices so that they could better engage with the business.
Our insight was that for this to work, we needed to engage staff on an ongoing basis. The site needed to be as useful to them as it was to the business, and so our solution was to create a digital version of the staff pinboards used in every store.
We devised a concept called "Pods'" which will enable staff to create groups around shared passions and interests. This brought the staff together and has worked to drive ongoing engagement, from desktop and mobile devices.
The site was initially launched late in 2012. The business buy-in for it on a global level has been so strong that it has been approved for adaptation within Tesco's key markets in Thailand and Hungary. A stage two development process has been started for the core site.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018