Coca-Cola Olympic Torch Relay
The Ultimate Road Show! Putting music and entertainment at the heart of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay with Coca-Cola.
Engaging Teens with the Olympic Torch Relay
FRUKT was charged with creating a music strategy focused around the Olympic Torch Relay (OTR). We needed to define a role for both artists and musical content as well as work with partner agencies to define the role of music within their channels.
FRUKT produced a campaign that was led by four main ambassador artists, Dizzee Rascal, You Me At Six, Eliza Doolittle and The Wanted. They asked the UK to nominate "Future Flames," young people who deserved the chance to run with the torch.
We then recruited an additional 10 artists to play at each night of the OTR around the UK. They included Friendly Fires, Rizzle Kicks, Wretch 32 and The Wombats. Our work included:
- Managing artists, content creation and a free live event
- Managing artist activation at music festivals across the UK
- Managing talent engagement and content creation in the runup to OTR
- Supervising all artist performances, PR and content creation
- Obtaining sync licenses (licenses for music associated with moving images) for the program
The Coca-Cola OTR Program was a huge success. It resulted in 1,340 Coca–Cola torchbearers, 1 million attending the various gigs, 13 million people lining the streets to see the torch and more than 50 sync licenses obtained.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019