Coca-Cola Olympic Torch Relay
The Ultimate Road Show! Putting music and entertainment at the heart of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay with Coca-Cola.
Engaging Teens with the Olympic Torch Relay
FRUKT was charged with creating a music strategy focused around the Olympic Torch Relay (OTR). We needed to define a role for both artists and musical content as well as work with partner agencies to define the role of music within their channels.
FRUKT produced a campaign that was led by four main ambassador artists, Dizzee Rascal, You Me At Six, Eliza Doolittle and The Wanted. They asked the UK to nominate "Future Flames," young people who deserved the chance to run with the torch.
We then recruited an additional 10 artists to play at each night of the OTR around the UK. They included Friendly Fires, Rizzle Kicks, Wretch 32 and The Wombats. Our work included:
- Managing artists, content creation and a free live event
- Managing artist activation at music festivals across the UK
- Managing talent engagement and content creation in the runup to OTR
- Supervising all artist performances, PR and content creation
- Obtaining sync licenses (licenses for music associated with moving images) for the program
The Coca-Cola OTR Program was a huge success. It resulted in 1,340 Coca–Cola torchbearers, 1 million attending the various gigs, 13 million people lining the streets to see the torch and more than 50 sync licenses obtained.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019