Coca-Cola Olympic Torch Relay
The Ultimate Road Show! Putting music and entertainment at the heart of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay with Coca-Cola.
Engaging Teens with the Olympic Torch Relay
FRUKT was charged with creating a music strategy focused around the Olympic Torch Relay (OTR). We needed to define a role for both artists and musical content as well as work with partner agencies to define the role of music within their channels.
FRUKT produced a campaign that was led by four main ambassador artists, Dizzee Rascal, You Me At Six, Eliza Doolittle and The Wanted. They asked the UK to nominate "Future Flames," young people who deserved the chance to run with the torch.
We then recruited an additional 10 artists to play at each night of the OTR around the UK. They included Friendly Fires, Rizzle Kicks, Wretch 32 and The Wombats. Our work included:
- Managing artists, content creation and a free live event
- Managing artist activation at music festivals across the UK
- Managing talent engagement and content creation in the runup to OTR
- Supervising all artist performances, PR and content creation
- Obtaining sync licenses (licenses for music associated with moving images) for the program
The Coca-Cola OTR Program was a huge success. It resulted in 1,340 Coca–Cola torchbearers, 1 million attending the various gigs, 13 million people lining the streets to see the torch and more than 50 sync licenses obtained.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018