Gucci.com on mobile
The iconic luxury brand tapped Huge to optimize its global website for mobile.
To boost sales and drive conversion on smartphones and tablets around the world, Huge partnered with Gucci to optimize the international luxury brand's digital offering for mobile.
With a larger, overall redesign on the horizon, there were two big constraints on the mobile project—we could only use existing code and photography, and it had to be done in two months. Within these limits, the design and user experience challenge was to maintain a premium feel while also streamlining the purchase path; browsing, checking out and sharing favorite products on social channels all needed to be smooth and intuitive.
Applying learning from previous luxury e-commerce projects like Barneys.com, we made the products the heroes of every page, spotlighting big, high-resolution images and letting description and price fall below the fold.
Knowing that Gucci customers (and luxury shoppers in general) tend to purchase only one expensive item at a time, we expedited the checkout process and condensed it into three simple steps.
To customize the experience for global customers, we developed versions for multiple regions across Asia, Europe and the Americas, complying with the extensive region-specific rules governing online transactions (notably in Korea, Japan and Italy). Finally, in order to facilitate repeat purchases, we made sure the mobile sites stored personal and billing information. We delivered all this for iOS and Android devices within the two-month window.
A month later, revenue from mobile had increased almost fourfold thanks to a 150% increase in traffic and a 70% increase in conversion rates. The fashion and digital commentariat—both notoriously hard to please—praised the mobile site, calling out the lush visuals, product focus and sleek, streamlined checkout experience. Several awards followed, including the prestigious Digiday MOBI Award for Best Mobile Website.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019