Gucci.com on mobile
The iconic luxury brand tapped Huge to optimize its global website for mobile.
To boost sales and drive conversion on smartphones and tablets around the world, Huge partnered with Gucci to optimize the international luxury brand's digital offering for mobile.
With a larger, overall redesign on the horizon, there were two big constraints on the mobile project—we could only use existing code and photography, and it had to be done in two months. Within these limits, the design and user experience challenge was to maintain a premium feel while also streamlining the purchase path; browsing, checking out and sharing favorite products on social channels all needed to be smooth and intuitive.
Applying learning from previous luxury e-commerce projects like Barneys.com, we made the products the heroes of every page, spotlighting big, high-resolution images and letting description and price fall below the fold.
Knowing that Gucci customers (and luxury shoppers in general) tend to purchase only one expensive item at a time, we expedited the checkout process and condensed it into three simple steps.
To customize the experience for global customers, we developed versions for multiple regions across Asia, Europe and the Americas, complying with the extensive region-specific rules governing online transactions (notably in Korea, Japan and Italy). Finally, in order to facilitate repeat purchases, we made sure the mobile sites stored personal and billing information. We delivered all this for iOS and Android devices within the two-month window.
A month later, revenue from mobile had increased almost fourfold thanks to a 150% increase in traffic and a 70% increase in conversion rates. The fashion and digital commentariat—both notoriously hard to please—praised the mobile site, calling out the lush visuals, product focus and sleek, streamlined checkout experience. Several awards followed, including the prestigious Digiday MOBI Award for Best Mobile Website.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018