Gucci.com on mobile
The iconic luxury brand tapped Huge to optimize its global website for mobile.
To boost sales and drive conversion on smartphones and tablets around the world, Huge partnered with Gucci to optimize the international luxury brand's digital offering for mobile.
With a larger, overall redesign on the horizon, there were two big constraints on the mobile project—we could only use existing code and photography, and it had to be done in two months. Within these limits, the design and user experience challenge was to maintain a premium feel while also streamlining the purchase path; browsing, checking out and sharing favorite products on social channels all needed to be smooth and intuitive.
Applying learning from previous luxury e-commerce projects like Barneys.com, we made the products the heroes of every page, spotlighting big, high-resolution images and letting description and price fall below the fold.
Knowing that Gucci customers (and luxury shoppers in general) tend to purchase only one expensive item at a time, we expedited the checkout process and condensed it into three simple steps.
To customize the experience for global customers, we developed versions for multiple regions across Asia, Europe and the Americas, complying with the extensive region-specific rules governing online transactions (notably in Korea, Japan and Italy). Finally, in order to facilitate repeat purchases, we made sure the mobile sites stored personal and billing information. We delivered all this for iOS and Android devices within the two-month window.
A month later, revenue from mobile had increased almost fourfold thanks to a 150% increase in traffic and a 70% increase in conversion rates. The fashion and digital commentariat—both notoriously hard to please—praised the mobile site, calling out the lush visuals, product focus and sleek, streamlined checkout experience. Several awards followed, including the prestigious Digiday MOBI Award for Best Mobile Website.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019