Casanova Pendrill/Hispanic Market UNICEF TAP Project
Casanova Pendrill launched a Hispanic Market campaign for the TAP Project for clean drinking water.
Why Pro Bono?
Nearly a billion people around the world lack access to clean drinking water. Over 4,100 children die every day from drinking dirty water. The UNICEF TAP Project is implemented during World Water week in March, in restaurants throughout the country. Patrons are asked to donate $1 dollar for the tap water they would otherwise get for free. This $1 helps to provide clean drinking water for 40 children in one day.
Casanova Pendrill was enlisted to help launch a Hispanic market campaign in NY and Miami, consistent with the existing TAP Project idea. The agency needed to get the target to do something about this issue. To reach them they had to make it relevant by making it personal to them.
The agency utilized TV, radio, online, social media (Facebook, MySpace, etc.), billboards, wild postings and bathroom posters. They also held events at key parks in NY and Miami like Union Square and Biscayne Bay Park. As part of its guerilla efforts, the agency also bottled dirty water in eight “lethal varieties,” made a mock vending machine for it, disguised UNICEF volunteers as a DIRTY WATER promotion team, and strategically launched this new brand of bottled water in high traffic areas.
- 30MM+ impressions through massive General Market and Hispanic Market TV news coverage (TV Stations: New York 1, NY1 Español, Telemundo, among others); confirmed Media Impressions: Hispanic 18+: 12,326,000
- Millions more reached nationally and internationally by massive online coverage, articles and blogs, which continue to appear, from countries like Thailand, Portugal, Spain and Austria among others
- 45,000+ foot traffic impressions estimated for location during World Water Week
- The campaign has been recognized in the Gunn Report’s Top 100 Most Awarded Campaigns, and honored in award shows that include Cannes, London International, One Show, Art Director’s Club, MOBIUS, National ADDYs, O’Toole, OBIE, New York Festivals, FIAP, and EL OJO.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018