Leveraging Shopping Behavior to Drive Traffic and Sales
When over 80% of your consumers believe that shopping in your stores is an opportunity to focus completely on themselves, it's a great opportunity to differentiate your brand and drive traffic and sales at the same time.
In a category with fierce competition from both department and specialty stores such as Sephora, we were challenged to build the Ulta Beauty brand, drive traffic, improve comp store goals AND launch new stores in markets by crafting a cohesive brand narrative.
Women told us that you can never underestimate the power and fun of “the browse.” Our in-depth qualitative and quantitative research revealed that shopping for beauty products offered women a rare respite: “me time.” Eighty-six percent of our research respondents agreed that when they’re in a cosmetics store they’re not “on duty.” This occasion was one time they had permission to think completely for themselves, not multitask with grocery lists, work spreadsheets or carpooling. This insight led to the campaign “Lose Yourself,” which brings to life the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery in Ulta Beauty stores.
The campaign comes to life across channels, from in-store and online to TV, print and digital display. The campaign is helping to redefine customer experience at Ulta Beauty — both in person and via its e-commerce website.
After a successful test market launch that drove strong brand awareness gains, the new campaign is rolling out nationwide across channels.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018