New product development is crucial to Unilever’s sales. 2010 saw Magnum’s biggest ever new product launch in terms of geography (29 countries), media spend and commercial objectives: to sell 75 million Magnum Gold ice cream sticks worldwide.
Magnum’s communication recipe had become outdated as the competition had followed suit. Indulgent food category communication codes were abundant with sexual innuendos that were no longer working. Above all, our target market wanted to be surprised.
So we reinvented the game, launching our most innovative campaign in years with Magnum Gold! The first ever golden ice cream on a stick. Launched in the style of an action movie trailer, set around a great robbery with Benicio Del Toro and his glamorous partner attempting to uncover a staggering 75 million pieces of gold. The fully integrated global campaign ran across TV, cinema, outdoor, online, PR and in store.
130 million sticks sold, +73% ahead of target. Turnover increased by 90 million year on year, +12%. Universal trailer was seen online by over 1.9 million people (129% vs plan). The website received over 3.8 million visits. Over 2 million people globally entered the competition to make a video heist film with Benicio Del Toro.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018