Mediabrands Promotes STEM-Based Careers to Kids in London
As part of its partnership with OpenCo, IPG Mediabrands UK recently hosted London schoolchildren at its offices to showcase what awaits them in the world of work, while also focusing on how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects are applied at the world’s most innovative companies. OpenCo, is an innovative conference and media platform and this event was part of OpenCo Junior – a week-long series of events and experiences designed to inspire young people.
OpenCo Junior was created to provide students with the opportunity to experience innovation in its native habitat. At the Mediabrands event, students met with various professionals who spoke about the media business, providing interesting interactive challenges and discussing cool industry events like CES, in an effort to inspire them to consider more science and tech-based subjects. This event was run in collaboration with the UK Government.
Ella Goldner, co-founder of OpenCo London and Strategy Director at UM, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren – our future stars – so that they can learn and take inspiration from some of London’s most exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We hope our Mediabrands session left the young guests full of ideas around where a career in media could take them.”
We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren –we hope they are inspired and full of ideas about where a career in media might take them.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018