Current and Kingsford Charcoal #TailgateForOurTroops
Current worked with client Kingsford Charcoal on a tailgating campaign in partnership with the Folds of Honor Foundation, an organization that provides scholarships and assistance to children and spouses of military members who were killed or disabled during active duty. Since 2007, the foundation has awarded over 7,500 scholarships.
In an effort to encourage grilling and to extend the grilling season, Kingsford Charcoal pledged to donate $1 (up to $50,000) to Folds of Honor for every tweet containing #TailgateForOurTroops and for each purchase of Folds of Honor-branded charcoal. Awareness for this campaign was driven through media relations, online channels and through partnerships with ESPN and Crowdtrap.
"The cause is important to our employees and customers," said David Kargas, Associate Director of PR and Digital Marketing at The Clorox Company, Kingsford’s parent company. "It’s a great fit for this campaign because active-duty military members really miss getting together with friends and family. So when people get together to grill and watch a game, they can spend a moment honoring military members unable to join them."
During the University of Wisconsin and Louisiana State University football game this summer, Kingsford grilled meals for more than 150 military active-duty members, veterans and their families. On the same day across America, Crowdtrap connected over 1,000 grilling enthusiasts to share their experiences using #TailgateForOurTroops.
By the end of the campaign, the $50,000 fundraising cap was met and the #TailgateForOurTroops hashtag was used 10,140 times, garnering 5.5 million media impressions. Earned media stories also ran on SiriusXM and ABC Sports.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019