IPG Mediabrands APAC and NEA Fight Dengue Fever in Singapore
Dengue, a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus, saw an alarming rise in 2014. From a seemingly low rate of infection, Singapore saw an exponential rise to a record high of 891 cases in a week – the highest ever number of cases.
IPG Mediabrands APAC worked with The National Environment Agency (NEA) to develop a campaign to spread awareness and motivate immediate action for dengue prevention. The team set out to go beyond awareness to activation — aiming to bring dengue infections down in just over 12 weeks.
TV spots and print ads featured real-life dengue volunteers, who shared why and who they were fighting for, and invited more to join the fight against dengue. Mediabrands also created a campaign device called the Red Dengue Pin-drop, to spotlight outbreak areas.
Marketing activation, community outreach, volunteer efforts and work from the NEA began to pay off. By the 8th week of the campaign, dengue rates were down 50% below the peak of 891. By week 18, dengue rates fell to an all-time year low of 215.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019