IPG Mediabrands APAC and NEA Fight Dengue Fever in Singapore
Dengue, a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus, saw an alarming rise in 2014. From a seemingly low rate of infection, Singapore saw an exponential rise to a record high of 891 cases in a week – the highest ever number of cases.
IPG Mediabrands APAC worked with The National Environment Agency (NEA) to develop a campaign to spread awareness and motivate immediate action for dengue prevention. The team set out to go beyond awareness to activation — aiming to bring dengue infections down in just over 12 weeks.
TV spots and print ads featured real-life dengue volunteers, who shared why and who they were fighting for, and invited more to join the fight against dengue. Mediabrands also created a campaign device called the Red Dengue Pin-drop, to spotlight outbreak areas.
Marketing activation, community outreach, volunteer efforts and work from the NEA began to pay off. By the 8th week of the campaign, dengue rates were down 50% below the peak of 891. By week 18, dengue rates fell to an all-time year low of 215.
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018
- Jack Morton and Audible Bring Audio Content to Newark Community - Published on 03/14/2018