MRM//McCann Stockholm and an Emoji Help Plant Trees in Africa
To encourage tree planting in Eastern Africa, MRM//McCann Stockholm and Vi Agroforestry, which fights poverty and improves the environment though tree planting, are bringing a tree emoji to life. To encourage and simplify donations, a specially designed tree emoji was created and Vi Agroforestry will plant a tree in eastern Africa for each emoji a donor texts. Each tree emoji is equivalent to a donation of 2 US Dollars – which is the sum Vi Agroforestry needs to plant a real tree in eastern Africa. The campaign was launched on social media, starting with Facebook.
MRM//McCann Stockholm teamed up with a technical provider in cellular technology to bring the emoji campaign to life. Their user-friendly solution makes it possible for individuals to donate through the use of the tree emoji, replacing complicated SMS codes. MRM//McCann also provided digital and social media services as well as outdoor creative media.
Vi Agroforestry works with with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organizations in the Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Sustainable agriculture and agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income for local residents. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has helped plant more than 100 million trees and improved the livelihoods of 1.8 million individuals.
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Presents Black History Month Event - Published on 02/28/2019
- IPG Mediabrands and Plano Drive Awareness of Myopia - Published on 02/27/2019
- Michael Roth Writes on Diversity in Campaign US - Published on 02/26/2019