MRM//McCann Stockholm and an Emoji Help Plant Trees in Africa
To encourage tree planting in Eastern Africa, MRM//McCann Stockholm and Vi Agroforestry, which fights poverty and improves the environment though tree planting, are bringing a tree emoji to life. To encourage and simplify donations, a specially designed tree emoji was created and Vi Agroforestry will plant a tree in eastern Africa for each emoji a donor texts. Each tree emoji is equivalent to a donation of 2 US Dollars – which is the sum Vi Agroforestry needs to plant a real tree in eastern Africa. The campaign was launched on social media, starting with Facebook.
MRM//McCann Stockholm teamed up with a technical provider in cellular technology to bring the emoji campaign to life. Their user-friendly solution makes it possible for individuals to donate through the use of the tree emoji, replacing complicated SMS codes. MRM//McCann also provided digital and social media services as well as outdoor creative media.
Vi Agroforestry works with with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organizations in the Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Sustainable agriculture and agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income for local residents. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has helped plant more than 100 million trees and improved the livelihoods of 1.8 million individuals.
- MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’ - Published on 03/21/2018
- FCB and Getty Images Create 'Watermarks for Water' - Published on 03/21/2018
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018