MRM//McCann Stockholm and an Emoji Help Plant Trees in Africa
To encourage tree planting in Eastern Africa, MRM//McCann Stockholm and Vi Agroforestry, which fights poverty and improves the environment though tree planting, are bringing a tree emoji to life. To encourage and simplify donations, a specially designed tree emoji was created and Vi Agroforestry will plant a tree in eastern Africa for each emoji a donor texts. Each tree emoji is equivalent to a donation of 2 US Dollars – which is the sum Vi Agroforestry needs to plant a real tree in eastern Africa. The campaign was launched on social media, starting with Facebook.
MRM//McCann Stockholm teamed up with a technical provider in cellular technology to bring the emoji campaign to life. Their user-friendly solution makes it possible for individuals to donate through the use of the tree emoji, replacing complicated SMS codes. MRM//McCann also provided digital and social media services as well as outdoor creative media.
Vi Agroforestry works with with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organizations in the Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Sustainable agriculture and agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income for local residents. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has helped plant more than 100 million trees and improved the livelihoods of 1.8 million individuals.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018