AREA 23 and Be the Match Aim to Expand the Bone Marrow Registry
For people diagnosed with blood cancer, a bone marrow transplant is often their only hope for survival. Unfortunately, 70% of people don’t have a donor match in their family and depend on individuals in the donor database to come to their rescue. With only 1 in 500 registrants who will ever actually go on to donate, expanding the registry gives more patients hope for salvation.
To increase the size of the National Bone Marrow Database, Be the Match and AREA 23 teamed up to host a donor registration drive at New York Comic Con. The drive called, “The Hero Gene,” will take place from October 8-11. Attendees will participate in cheek swabs to find out if they have “The Hero Gene,” and demonstrate a commitment to help save lives threatened by blood cancer.
For more information on how to become a donor, check out https://join.bethematch.org/YOURHEROGENE.
- MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’ - Published on 03/21/2018
- FCB and Getty Images Create 'Watermarks for Water' - Published on 03/21/2018
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018