AREA 23 and Be the Match Aim to Expand the Bone Marrow Registry
For people diagnosed with blood cancer, a bone marrow transplant is often their only hope for survival. Unfortunately, 70% of people don’t have a donor match in their family and depend on individuals in the donor database to come to their rescue. With only 1 in 500 registrants who will ever actually go on to donate, expanding the registry gives more patients hope for salvation.
To increase the size of the National Bone Marrow Database, Be the Match and AREA 23 teamed up to host a donor registration drive at New York Comic Con. The drive called, “The Hero Gene,” will take place from October 8-11. Attendees will participate in cheek swabs to find out if they have “The Hero Gene,” and demonstrate a commitment to help save lives threatened by blood cancer.
For more information on how to become a donor, check out https://join.bethematch.org/YOURHEROGENE.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018