McCann and University of Melbourne Reinvent College Ads
Using the premise "When great minds collide, giant leaps are made," McCann Melbourne put together a striking campaign that aims to promote the University of Melbourne's reputation for melding creative currency with robust research, while also sharing the stories of how people are benefiting from these research projects every day in Australia and around the globe.
"We believe the campaign really is something very different for the category and hope it will connect with people and drive them to learn more about the work of the University of Melbourne," says Lara McKay, executive director, marketing and communications at the University of Melbourne.
The 60-second advertisement stars the university’s own campus, students, teachers, academics and executives. The campaign also encompasses cinema, television, print, OOH, social and digital media as well as a content partnership with The Guardian.
"This campaign acknowledges that contributions that impact us all aren't for the most part created by individuals working alone in dark spaces, but through the bright minds and their imaginations colliding and collaborating. A little bit like advertising agencies," says Pat Baron, executive creative director McCann Melbourne.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019