McCann and University of Melbourne Reinvent College Ads
Using the premise "When great minds collide, giant leaps are made," McCann Melbourne put together a striking campaign that aims to promote the University of Melbourne's reputation for melding creative currency with robust research, while also sharing the stories of how people are benefiting from these research projects every day in Australia and around the globe.
"We believe the campaign really is something very different for the category and hope it will connect with people and drive them to learn more about the work of the University of Melbourne," says Lara McKay, executive director, marketing and communications at the University of Melbourne.
The 60-second advertisement stars the university’s own campus, students, teachers, academics and executives. The campaign also encompasses cinema, television, print, OOH, social and digital media as well as a content partnership with The Guardian.
"This campaign acknowledges that contributions that impact us all aren't for the most part created by individuals working alone in dark spaces, but through the bright minds and their imaginations colliding and collaborating. A little bit like advertising agencies," says Pat Baron, executive creative director McCann Melbourne.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019