UM Puerto Rico Develops New Approach to Reach L’Oréal Paris Consumers
To combat Puerto Rico’s recession and price war in the beauty category, UM Puerto Rico and McCann’s Beauty Team in San Juan joined forces to create an interactive solution for L’Oréal Paris that would drive numbers and educate consumers on the added value of investing in L’Oréal Paris products.
58% of women mobile users on the island— L’Oréal’s target audience—utilize WhatsApp, a cross-platform messaging app. Understanding the target’s preference for a personable, shopping experience, UM created “Chic Chat,” a free service via WhatsApp, that provides direct access to L’Oréal Paris beauty experts for customers – while they are shopping! When using the service, beauty experts give product advice, beauty tips, and help in making purchasing decisions.
- Chic Chat helped L’Oréal Paris increase sales by 3% across all brand categories compared to the previous year.
- Most of the women who contacted Chic Chat said they were going to buy the product or products recommended during the chat. And, 17% wrote back and sent pictures!
- The program was 90% more affordable and cost-effective than previous efforts to mobilize experts.
- Chic Chat was able to impact 100% of stores.
Chic Chat has received several honors including the Gold for Best Engagement Strategy and a Bronze for Best Use of Mobile at the Festival of Media LatAm; a Bronze in the mobile category at the Cuspide Festival; and Best Use of Mobile Platforms at the SME Digital Forum Awards.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019