UM Puerto Rico Develops New Approach to Reach L’Oréal Paris Consumers
To combat Puerto Rico’s recession and price war in the beauty category, UM Puerto Rico and McCann’s Beauty Team in San Juan joined forces to create an interactive solution for L’Oréal Paris that would drive numbers and educate consumers on the added value of investing in L’Oréal Paris products.
58% of women mobile users on the island— L’Oréal’s target audience—utilize WhatsApp, a cross-platform messaging app. Understanding the target’s preference for a personable, shopping experience, UM created “Chic Chat,” a free service via WhatsApp, that provides direct access to L’Oréal Paris beauty experts for customers – while they are shopping! When using the service, beauty experts give product advice, beauty tips, and help in making purchasing decisions.
- Chic Chat helped L’Oréal Paris increase sales by 3% across all brand categories compared to the previous year.
- Most of the women who contacted Chic Chat said they were going to buy the product or products recommended during the chat. And, 17% wrote back and sent pictures!
- The program was 90% more affordable and cost-effective than previous efforts to mobilize experts.
- Chic Chat was able to impact 100% of stores.
Chic Chat has received several honors including the Gold for Best Engagement Strategy and a Bronze for Best Use of Mobile at the Festival of Media LatAm; a Bronze in the mobile category at the Cuspide Festival; and Best Use of Mobile Platforms at the SME Digital Forum Awards.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018