FCB Health Fights Discrimination Against Blood Donors
Each year, 615,000 pints of blood are turned away — blood that could help save the lives of more than a million people — because the donors are gay or bisexual men. In 1983, the FDA issued a lifetime ban on all men who have sex with other men from donating blood. In early 2015, the FDA asked for public comments regarding amending the lifetime ban, including the change to a one-year deferral, allowing gay and bisexual men to donate blood – only if they have been celibate for a year.
The print campaign argues that it’s time for science, not stigma, to rule, and that the change to the one-year ban does not go far enough in eliminating discrimination.
- FCB New York Launches Whopper Detour for Burger King - Published on 03/26/2019
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019