KRC Partners with American Airlines on Effective Communication
Like most major airlines, American Airlines faces a wide range of communications challenges, including the challenge of sustaining and building its reputation during a period of industry transformation; challenges related to employee communications; and challenges related to communicating quickly and effectively in the aftermath of problems and crises. For American Airlines, of course, the ultimate crisis was September 11, 2001, when its planes, passengers, and crews were victims of the terrorist attacks.
Throughout the past several years, Weber Shandwick has worked closely with American Airlines’ to manage its communications challenges, and KRC has worked closely with the communications team to provide accurate and timely research on stakeholder feelings, perceptions, and priorities.
For many years, KRC has supported American Airlines communications strategies by providing research. Among other assignments, these have included:
- Research in the immediate aftermath of September 11 to help the company communicate clearly and honestly with the public, with policy-makers, and with its own employees about the safety of flying
- Research among the company’s employees to gather feedback on their feelings about the company and about their preferences for communication
- Research among the flying public, to track the company’s reputation, and assess the impact of a variety of events and challenges.
KRC's research for American has equipped both the company and Weber Shandwick to manage its issues and communications from a position of knowledge. By staying well-informed and knowledgeable about their stakeholders perspectives, communicators have consistently been able to communicate more effectively.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018