KRC Partners with American Airlines on Effective Communication
Like most major airlines, American Airlines faces a wide range of communications challenges, including the challenge of sustaining and building its reputation during a period of industry transformation; challenges related to employee communications; and challenges related to communicating quickly and effectively in the aftermath of problems and crises. For American Airlines, of course, the ultimate crisis was September 11, 2001, when its planes, passengers, and crews were victims of the terrorist attacks.
Throughout the past several years, Weber Shandwick has worked closely with American Airlines’ to manage its communications challenges, and KRC has worked closely with the communications team to provide accurate and timely research on stakeholder feelings, perceptions, and priorities.
For many years, KRC has supported American Airlines communications strategies by providing research. Among other assignments, these have included:
- Research in the immediate aftermath of September 11 to help the company communicate clearly and honestly with the public, with policy-makers, and with its own employees about the safety of flying
- Research among the company’s employees to gather feedback on their feelings about the company and about their preferences for communication
- Research among the flying public, to track the company’s reputation, and assess the impact of a variety of events and challenges.
KRC's research for American has equipped both the company and Weber Shandwick to manage its issues and communications from a position of knowledge. By staying well-informed and knowledgeable about their stakeholders perspectives, communicators have consistently been able to communicate more effectively.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019