KRC Partners with American Airlines on Effective Communication
Like most major airlines, American Airlines faces a wide range of communications challenges, including the challenge of sustaining and building its reputation during a period of industry transformation; challenges related to employee communications; and challenges related to communicating quickly and effectively in the aftermath of problems and crises. For American Airlines, of course, the ultimate crisis was September 11, 2001, when its planes, passengers, and crews were victims of the terrorist attacks.
Throughout the past several years, Weber Shandwick has worked closely with American Airlines’ to manage its communications challenges, and KRC has worked closely with the communications team to provide accurate and timely research on stakeholder feelings, perceptions, and priorities.
For many years, KRC has supported American Airlines communications strategies by providing research. Among other assignments, these have included:
- Research in the immediate aftermath of September 11 to help the company communicate clearly and honestly with the public, with policy-makers, and with its own employees about the safety of flying
- Research among the company’s employees to gather feedback on their feelings about the company and about their preferences for communication
- Research among the flying public, to track the company’s reputation, and assess the impact of a variety of events and challenges.
KRC's research for American has equipped both the company and Weber Shandwick to manage its issues and communications from a position of knowledge. By staying well-informed and knowledgeable about their stakeholders perspectives, communicators have consistently been able to communicate more effectively.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019