McCann and Coca-Cola Adapt Olympic Campaign for China
Coca-Cola China has unveiled its Olympics-themed advertising campaign that will lead up into this summer’s Rio Olympics. The campaign leverages the global “That’s Gold” marketing platform of Coca-Cola by celebrating the human elements that allow for everyone to have a “Gold Moment.”
The challenge for McCann Shanghai was to redefine "That’s Gold” to resonate with Chinese consumers. The agency saw in its research that most Chinese consumers believe the moments they remembered most in their lives were always connected to loved ones and their devoted supporters. That research came to life immediately when McCann saw the very emotional real-life relationship between Chinese Olympic swimmer Sun Yang and his mother, along with all of the other friends, family, teachers and coaches who have helped him.
Sun Yang and his family are featured in the first spot. A second TV spot features Lang Lang, one of China’s most famous pianists and world renowned as one of the great classical musicians. He is featured with his 87-year-old piano teacher Yafen Zhu, who Lang Lang cherishes and who has always been there for him since he was 3 years old.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018