McCann and Coca-Cola Adapt Olympic Campaign for China
Coca-Cola China has unveiled its Olympics-themed advertising campaign that will lead up into this summer’s Rio Olympics. The campaign leverages the global “That’s Gold” marketing platform of Coca-Cola by celebrating the human elements that allow for everyone to have a “Gold Moment.”
The challenge for McCann Shanghai was to redefine "That’s Gold” to resonate with Chinese consumers. The agency saw in its research that most Chinese consumers believe the moments they remembered most in their lives were always connected to loved ones and their devoted supporters. That research came to life immediately when McCann saw the very emotional real-life relationship between Chinese Olympic swimmer Sun Yang and his mother, along with all of the other friends, family, teachers and coaches who have helped him.
Sun Yang and his family are featured in the first spot. A second TV spot features Lang Lang, one of China’s most famous pianists and world renowned as one of the great classical musicians. He is featured with his 87-year-old piano teacher Yafen Zhu, who Lang Lang cherishes and who has always been there for him since he was 3 years old.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018