McCann and Coca-Cola Adapt Olympic Campaign for China
Coca-Cola China has unveiled its Olympics-themed advertising campaign that will lead up into this summer’s Rio Olympics. The campaign leverages the global “That’s Gold” marketing platform of Coca-Cola by celebrating the human elements that allow for everyone to have a “Gold Moment.”
The challenge for McCann Shanghai was to redefine "That’s Gold” to resonate with Chinese consumers. The agency saw in its research that most Chinese consumers believe the moments they remembered most in their lives were always connected to loved ones and their devoted supporters. That research came to life immediately when McCann saw the very emotional real-life relationship between Chinese Olympic swimmer Sun Yang and his mother, along with all of the other friends, family, teachers and coaches who have helped him.
Sun Yang and his family are featured in the first spot. A second TV spot features Lang Lang, one of China’s most famous pianists and world renowned as one of the great classical musicians. He is featured with his 87-year-old piano teacher Yafen Zhu, who Lang Lang cherishes and who has always been there for him since he was 3 years old.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018