McCann and Coca-Cola Adapt Olympic Campaign for China
Coca-Cola China has unveiled its Olympics-themed advertising campaign that will lead up into this summer’s Rio Olympics. The campaign leverages the global “That’s Gold” marketing platform of Coca-Cola by celebrating the human elements that allow for everyone to have a “Gold Moment.”
The challenge for McCann Shanghai was to redefine "That’s Gold” to resonate with Chinese consumers. The agency saw in its research that most Chinese consumers believe the moments they remembered most in their lives were always connected to loved ones and their devoted supporters. That research came to life immediately when McCann saw the very emotional real-life relationship between Chinese Olympic swimmer Sun Yang and his mother, along with all of the other friends, family, teachers and coaches who have helped him.
Sun Yang and his family are featured in the first spot. A second TV spot features Lang Lang, one of China’s most famous pianists and world renowned as one of the great classical musicians. He is featured with his 87-year-old piano teacher Yafen Zhu, who Lang Lang cherishes and who has always been there for him since he was 3 years old.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019