The Glenfiddich 125th Anniversary Event
The Glenfiddich 125th Anniversary event at the Statue of Liberty on was a celebration of the brand’s pioneering spirit, storied past and aspirations for the future.
The event was intended to not only celebrate the brand’s history and spirit, but to also make a very generous donation to SHFT. A donation of this magnitude would help many to embark on their own life-long aspirations, just as William Grant did when building his distillery by hand 125 years ago.
In honor of Mrs. Janet Sheed Roberts, William Grant’s oldest living relative, a very rare, special bottle of 55-year-old Scotch named after her was auctioned off by Christie’s, live at the event!
Fetching a world record-breaking $94,000, 100% of the proceeds benefitted the SHFT foundation, a charity run by actor Adrien Grenier which helps people worldwide better their lives through sustainable initiatives.
The Statue of Liberty also turned 125 years old, so it was a very nice tie-in and reason more to celebrate!
The Glenfiddich 125th Anniversary event was held at the Statue of Liberty. In honor of William Grant’s oldest living relative, a very rare bottle of 55-year-old Scotch named after her was auctioned off live by Christie’s with all proceeds befitting the SHFT foundation, a charity run by actor and event host Adrien Grenier.
In addition to the auction guests enjoyed live music by Ursa Minor, fine food and Glenfiddich cocktails and the unveiling of the NY Cask of Dreams, a truly one-of-a-kind whisky barrel designed by a local Manhattan artist.
The winning bid at the auction was $94,000, a Guinness World Record for most expensive bottle of spirit ever sold at auction! This exceeded the goal $75,000.
The event's online photo gallery received 9,151 views after the event, showcasing just how excited everyone in attendance was to boast about the experience of a lifetime and also spread the images virally.
More than 2,000 Cocktails were distributed and Media/PR results (including a morning segment on CNBC!) totaled more than 500,000,000 impressions and are continuing to grow.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019