Winning March Madness with Buick Bracketball
Buick wanted to reconnect with consumers and show that their brand is more modern, stylish and high-tech than ever. And they wanted to do so in a way that would resonate with the people who matter most to them — people who love spending time with friends and family, and who love sports.
Buick was an Official Partner of the NCAA Final Four. For Buick’s March Madness, they needed an experience that would not only resonate with the people they wanted to reach but would also cut through the noise, engage visitors, and showcase a whole new side of Buick.
Introducing Buick Bracketball.
It took March Madness brackets off the page—and onto the court. A basketball game in the format of a bracket, it was the first bracket that fans could literally play.
High-impact graphics, light-up Plexiglas backboards, regulation LED shot clocks, and sensitively calibrated scoreboards all came together to delicately merge our high-tech execution with the simple joy of playing basketball.
Men and women, adults and kids loved it. Players raced against the clock to score the most points. And so that fans could share the experience, we captured short videos of players sinking shots. The videos were available immediately so that, as soon as fans were done playing, they could share their victory on social media.
Fans engaged with vehicles to scan to win tickets to Final Four and championship games. Engagement levels, consideration, and sales soared.
- 30% increase in display visits
- 50% more leads generated
- 60% sales increase
Buick connected with sports fans in a one-of-a-kind way. And fans saw Buick in a new light.
Nothing but net.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019