Commonwealth//McCann Detroit Helps Mark Camaro’s 50th Birthday
Some things come and go without ever making their mark. Others become icons, leaving an impression that lasts for generations. The Chevrolet Camaro is one of those icons. So when it came time to celebrate the legendary muscle car’s 50th birthday, Commonwealth//McCann Detroit invented a body of work as powerful as the Camaro itself – including an interactive timeline based on a larger-than-life mural that explores the car’s rich history, along with a retrospective video, both viewable on www.CamaroFifty.com.
The goal was to celebrate the past, present and future of the Camaro, honoring its engineering and innovative design history while telling a compelling story of the car’s history and evolution – and presenting the new, sixth-generation Camaro as the next legend in the Camaro story.
Commonwealth//McCann Detroit partnered with the art and design collective ILOVEDUST to bring the mural to life in a historic Detroit warehouse. The 11 x 60 foot piece captures all six generations of Camaro in the context of their eras, illustrating the car’s history and cultural relevance right up to the lightest, leanest, meanest Gen Six Camaro. The interactive timeline based on the mural gives viewers the chance not only to see the different sections of the painting in detail, but to check out photos and facts about each generation of the Camaro.
Plus, the time-lapse video the team created shows amazing footage of each generation of vehicle as well as a guest appearance by the 2017 ZL1, which will debut later this year.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018