Commonwealth//McCann Detroit Helps Mark Camaro’s 50th Birthday
Some things come and go without ever making their mark. Others become icons, leaving an impression that lasts for generations. The Chevrolet Camaro is one of those icons. So when it came time to celebrate the legendary muscle car’s 50th birthday, Commonwealth//McCann Detroit invented a body of work as powerful as the Camaro itself – including an interactive timeline based on a larger-than-life mural that explores the car’s rich history, along with a retrospective video, both viewable on www.CamaroFifty.com.
The goal was to celebrate the past, present and future of the Camaro, honoring its engineering and innovative design history while telling a compelling story of the car’s history and evolution – and presenting the new, sixth-generation Camaro as the next legend in the Camaro story.
Commonwealth//McCann Detroit partnered with the art and design collective ILOVEDUST to bring the mural to life in a historic Detroit warehouse. The 11 x 60 foot piece captures all six generations of Camaro in the context of their eras, illustrating the car’s history and cultural relevance right up to the lightest, leanest, meanest Gen Six Camaro. The interactive timeline based on the mural gives viewers the chance not only to see the different sections of the painting in detail, but to check out photos and facts about each generation of the Camaro.
Plus, the time-lapse video the team created shows amazing footage of each generation of vehicle as well as a guest appearance by the 2017 ZL1, which will debut later this year.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018