Weber Shandwick and KRC Investigate Perceptions of AI with New Study
As companies confront the next wave of the information age—the era of Artificial Intelligence (Al)—Weber Shandwick partnered with KRC Research to conduct Al-Ready or Not: Artificial Intelligence Here We Come!, a survey among consumers in five global markets supplemented with CMO interview.
The survey was inspired by the lack of existing research consumers’ perceptions of AI. Weber Shandwick set out to gauge public perception of AI to arm CMOs and other communicators with early insights to understand business opportunities and challenges AI presents.
The research shows that AI is transforming business:
- 57% of CMOs believe that AI will have a major impact on marketing and communications
- 55% go so far as to say that AI will have a greater impact on marketing and communications than social media did
- 58% say most companies will need to compete in the AI space within the next 5 years in order to be successful.
Marketers also expect a number of business opportunities resulting from AI over the next few years including operational and supply chain efficiencies (64%), new/deeper insights into markets (60%) and worker performance and productivity improvements (54%). The biggest perceived challenges surrounding AI include workforce training (72%) and communicating AI to customers (69%).
AI Ready or Not summarizes the consumer findings into eight revelations, each of which is supplemented with CMO perspectives on the same issue, and concludes with a CMO’s guide to engaging in the AI era. The research has been covered in Fast Company and Harvard Business Review.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018