303 MullenLowe and Royal Life Saving Australia Urge Families to Keep Watch
To raise awareness of preventable backyard drowning incidents for Royal Life Saving Australia, 303 MullenLowe partnered with TV personality, Matt Preston, to host a mock internet content program, “The World's Most Costly.” The program opens innocently with Preston suited and smiling, but goes on to reveal a shocking statistic: 14 children drowned in Australian backyard swimming pools last summer – most often due to everyday distractions like going inside to check the oven, answering the door, taking a phone call or simply going to the bathroom.
“Given the importance of the message, we knew we needed to take a multi-disciplinary approach to this campaign. The “most costly” meme is a classic piece of clickable internet content, in this case made highly relevant by landing what the true cost of a seemingly simple item could be. Partnering with Matt Preston, a father himself, and one of Australia’s most famous chefs and TV personalities to present the message, helps grab people’s attention as they scroll through their news feeds, before educating them in a different way,” says Richard Morgan, Executive Creative Director at 303 MullenLowe.
According to the Royal Life Saving National Drowning Report 2016, 83 children died in private swimming pools between 2002-2015, with children under five years old most at risk.
Royal Life Saving NSW Operations Manager Michael Ilinsky said the recent tragedies resulting in a 22 month-old drowning and a two year old lifted to hospital, have again highlighted the urgency of this message.
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018
- Jaguar Launches World Driving Day as Saudi Arabia Driving Ban Lifts - Published on 06/26/2018