303 MullenLowe and Royal Life Saving Australia Urge Families to Keep Watch
To raise awareness of preventable backyard drowning incidents for Royal Life Saving Australia, 303 MullenLowe partnered with TV personality, Matt Preston, to host a mock internet content program, “The World's Most Costly.” The program opens innocently with Preston suited and smiling, but goes on to reveal a shocking statistic: 14 children drowned in Australian backyard swimming pools last summer – most often due to everyday distractions like going inside to check the oven, answering the door, taking a phone call or simply going to the bathroom.
“Given the importance of the message, we knew we needed to take a multi-disciplinary approach to this campaign. The “most costly” meme is a classic piece of clickable internet content, in this case made highly relevant by landing what the true cost of a seemingly simple item could be. Partnering with Matt Preston, a father himself, and one of Australia’s most famous chefs and TV personalities to present the message, helps grab people’s attention as they scroll through their news feeds, before educating them in a different way,” says Richard Morgan, Executive Creative Director at 303 MullenLowe.
According to the Royal Life Saving National Drowning Report 2016, 83 children died in private swimming pools between 2002-2015, with children under five years old most at risk.
Royal Life Saving NSW Operations Manager Michael Ilinsky said the recent tragedies resulting in a 22 month-old drowning and a two year old lifted to hospital, have again highlighted the urgency of this message.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018