McCann and Craft London Continue Support of Inclusive Band
Delta 7 is a seven-piece rock band from Eastbourne, East Sussex. Its members, Mikey, Fraser, Elliot, Harry, David, Craig and Speedy have different personalities, talents and disabilities. The band found the limelight when they were the focus of the winning entry, “We Rise,” in a short film competition, the Picturehouse Members Film Competition.
As part of the prize, McCann London and Craft London produced a two-and-a-half-minute short film about the band on behalf of its client Picturehouse. The film has been shown before every full-length feature at all Picturehouse cinemas across the country. It tells the uplifting story of how the seven individuals facing diverse problems in their everyday lives have come together to express themselves and challenge stereotypes through music
McCann London has continued its pro bono support of the band to produce a song, “The Jungle,” recorded with the band during filming. Proceeds for the “Jungle” will help raise money for Culture Shift, the organisation that brought the band together and continues to support them and others with disabilities in the south of England. The track and music video is available via all major digital music channels.
According to Mike Oughton, Creative Director, McCann London, “Delta 7 creates a brilliantly atmospheric sound …Their message reminds us all of the value of music as a tool of empowerment. We’re humbled and honoured to be able to help the band and the charity grow further with the release of ‘The Jungle’.”
“In a climate of increasing cutbacks, Delta 7 thrives with community support, both in terms of donations from individuals and in-kind offers,” commented Julia Roberts, Director, Culture Shift The band seems to be answering a need for positivity, inspiration and visibility for marginalised people. Delta 7 embodies community resilience and optimism,” he continued.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019