Media Experts and BC Hydro Leverage Extreme Weather Alerts
In 2015, the province of British Columbia was hit hard with extreme weather. Residents were scared, uninformed, and unprepared, leaving the call centres of BC Hydro (the provincial hydro provider) overwhelmed with high call volumes.
BC Hydro wanted to quell those fears by informing residents of upcoming extreme weather, encouraging safety during storms, and providing real-time updates for power re-installations.
By leveraging Environment Canada’s alert system, BC Hydro dynamically served community-based messages via mobile, then capitalized on incoming search demand by bidding on storm-related keywords.
These efforts meant that when a storm hit, users in affected communities were receiving instant updates with BC Hydro storm safety messages that then led to maps of local power outages.
This campaign won Bronze, Best in Display at the 2016 Media Innovation Awards.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018