Media Experts and BC Hydro Leverage Extreme Weather Alerts
In 2015, the province of British Columbia was hit hard with extreme weather. Residents were scared, uninformed, and unprepared, leaving the call centres of BC Hydro (the provincial hydro provider) overwhelmed with high call volumes.
BC Hydro wanted to quell those fears by informing residents of upcoming extreme weather, encouraging safety during storms, and providing real-time updates for power re-installations.
By leveraging Environment Canada’s alert system, BC Hydro dynamically served community-based messages via mobile, then capitalized on incoming search demand by bidding on storm-related keywords.
These efforts meant that when a storm hit, users in affected communities were receiving instant updates with BC Hydro storm safety messages that then led to maps of local power outages.
This campaign won Bronze, Best in Display at the 2016 Media Innovation Awards.
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018
- Checkers & Rally's / Buy Back the Block - Published on 09/07/2018