Media Experts and BC Hydro Leverage Extreme Weather Alerts
In 2015, the province of British Columbia was hit hard with extreme weather. Residents were scared, uninformed, and unprepared, leaving the call centres of BC Hydro (the provincial hydro provider) overwhelmed with high call volumes.
BC Hydro wanted to quell those fears by informing residents of upcoming extreme weather, encouraging safety during storms, and providing real-time updates for power re-installations.
By leveraging Environment Canada’s alert system, BC Hydro dynamically served community-based messages via mobile, then capitalized on incoming search demand by bidding on storm-related keywords.
These efforts meant that when a storm hit, users in affected communities were receiving instant updates with BC Hydro storm safety messages that then led to maps of local power outages.
This campaign won Bronze, Best in Display at the 2016 Media Innovation Awards.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019