Media Experts and BC Hydro Leverage Extreme Weather Alerts
In 2015, the province of British Columbia was hit hard with extreme weather. Residents were scared, uninformed, and unprepared, leaving the call centres of BC Hydro (the provincial hydro provider) overwhelmed with high call volumes.
BC Hydro wanted to quell those fears by informing residents of upcoming extreme weather, encouraging safety during storms, and providing real-time updates for power re-installations.
By leveraging Environment Canada’s alert system, BC Hydro dynamically served community-based messages via mobile, then capitalized on incoming search demand by bidding on storm-related keywords.
These efforts meant that when a storm hit, users in affected communities were receiving instant updates with BC Hydro storm safety messages that then led to maps of local power outages.
This campaign won Bronze, Best in Display at the 2016 Media Innovation Awards.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018