IPG Recognized with AAF Mosaic Awards
IPG is being recognized with two Mosaic Awards from the American Advertising Federation (AAF). The Mosaic Awards (#AAFMosaicAwards17) recognize companies, agencies and individuals whose commitment to diversity and inclusion is evident through their creative work and organization-wide initiatives.
IPG will receive the Workforce Inclusion award for its Interpublic Diverse Emerging and Aspiring Leaders (IDEAL) program, which develops and advances high-potential, diverse individuals who are on the cusp of the executive ranks. Additionally, Michael Roth will receive the Mosaic Champion award in recognition of his long-term commitment and continuous support of diversity and inclusion within the industry.
The IDEAL initiative was launched as a targeted effort to develop and advance women and people of color into senior leadership and executive roles. It includes classroom training for protégés and their managers as well as rotating mentoring relationships and intensive career planning. The initiative was launched in 2015 and drove material results, including a 61% promotion rate over the course of the following year. In 2016, IPG expanded the program to include additional U.S. regions and agencies. IDEAL was recently recognized with an Award of Excellence from Profiles in Diversity Journal.
“Diversity and inclusion has long been a key area of focus for IPG,” commented Michael Roth,” Chairman and CEO, Interpublic. “We have made it a business imperative to be among the most diverse and inclusive of companies. It’s critical to attracting and retaining talent and to continuing to move our clients’ businesses forward in an ever-changing world. We are thrilled to see our IDEAL program recognized – it’s a new program that gets right to the heart of the issue, and it’s already having an impact. And, I am personally humbled to be named a Mosaic Champion. We have a terrific team at IPG that helps move the needle on D&I, and I am proud to work with them and to support their terrific work,” he continued.
Under Michael Roth’s leadership, IPG has been at the forefront of the industry at fostering diversity and inclusion for more than a decade. Paramount to his approach to diversity and inclusion is ensuring accountability into the company’s programming. IPG was the first company in the industry to tie executive compensation directly to the ability to hire, promote and retain diverse talent and to agency performance on D&I. And Michael ensures that IPG’s commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top, notably with the company’s Board of Directors – four out of the ten members of the Interpublic Board are women, making the company one of twelve S&P 500 companies with a 40% or higher representation of women on the board.
The awards will be distributed on June 7th in New Orleans as part of the AAF’s national conference, ADMERICA.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019