Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 sets an ambitious target to reduce premature deaths from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – including cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health disorders—by a third by 2030. NCDs account for 38 million deaths annually, a significant percentage of which occur in low and lower-middle income countries. The private sector – and innovative healthcare industry in particular—have an important role to play in advancing progress towards this target.
Acknowledging this need, in January 2017 at the World Economic Forum, 22 biopharmaceutical companies, working in partnership with the World Bank Group and Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) came together to launch Access Accelerated—a global initiative to advance access to NCD treatment and care in low and lower middle income countries.
Weber Shandwick & McCann Global Health partnered to support the launch of the coalition, beginning with the development of the Access Accelerated brand and brand assets, including website, Twitter channel and anthem video. The global campaign included a side event at Davos—convening over 70 global health and development stakeholders— media partnership with The Economist and earned media outreach, which resulted in 70+ placements in outlets such as Reuters, Financial Times and Devex.
To learn more about the partnership, visit accessaccelerated.org.
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018
- Jaguar Launches World Driving Day as Saudi Arabia Driving Ban Lifts - Published on 06/26/2018