Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 sets an ambitious target to reduce premature deaths from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – including cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health disorders—by a third by 2030. NCDs account for 38 million deaths annually, a significant percentage of which occur in low and lower-middle income countries. The private sector – and innovative healthcare industry in particular—have an important role to play in advancing progress towards this target.
Acknowledging this need, in January 2017 at the World Economic Forum, 22 biopharmaceutical companies, working in partnership with the World Bank Group and Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) came together to launch Access Accelerated—a global initiative to advance access to NCD treatment and care in low and lower middle income countries.
Weber Shandwick & McCann Global Health partnered to support the launch of the coalition, beginning with the development of the Access Accelerated brand and brand assets, including website, Twitter channel and anthem video. The global campaign included a side event at Davos—convening over 70 global health and development stakeholders— media partnership with The Economist and earned media outreach, which resulted in 70+ placements in outlets such as Reuters, Financial Times and Devex.
To learn more about the partnership, visit accessaccelerated.org.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018