Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 sets an ambitious target to reduce premature deaths from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – including cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health disorders—by a third by 2030. NCDs account for 38 million deaths annually, a significant percentage of which occur in low and lower-middle income countries. The private sector – and innovative healthcare industry in particular—have an important role to play in advancing progress towards this target.
Acknowledging this need, in January 2017 at the World Economic Forum, 22 biopharmaceutical companies, working in partnership with the World Bank Group and Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) came together to launch Access Accelerated—a global initiative to advance access to NCD treatment and care in low and lower middle income countries.
Weber Shandwick & McCann Global Health partnered to support the launch of the coalition, beginning with the development of the Access Accelerated brand and brand assets, including website, Twitter channel and anthem video. The global campaign included a side event at Davos—convening over 70 global health and development stakeholders— media partnership with The Economist and earned media outreach, which resulted in 70+ placements in outlets such as Reuters, Financial Times and Devex.
To learn more about the partnership, visit accessaccelerated.org.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019