Weber Shandwick and McCann Global Health Support Public-Private Coalition to Fight Disease
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 sets an ambitious target to reduce premature deaths from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – including cancer, diabetes, chronic respiratory diseases and mental health disorders—by a third by 2030. NCDs account for 38 million deaths annually, a significant percentage of which occur in low and lower-middle income countries. The private sector – and innovative healthcare industry in particular—have an important role to play in advancing progress towards this target.
Acknowledging this need, in January 2017 at the World Economic Forum, 22 biopharmaceutical companies, working in partnership with the World Bank Group and Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) came together to launch Access Accelerated—a global initiative to advance access to NCD treatment and care in low and lower middle income countries.
Weber Shandwick & McCann Global Health partnered to support the launch of the coalition, beginning with the development of the Access Accelerated brand and brand assets, including website, Twitter channel and anthem video. The global campaign included a side event at Davos—convening over 70 global health and development stakeholders— media partnership with The Economist and earned media outreach, which resulted in 70+ placements in outlets such as Reuters, Financial Times and Devex.
To learn more about the partnership, visit accessaccelerated.org.
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018