Cindy Gallop To Headline IPG Women’s Leadership Network Multinational Event
The IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) will host a launch event under the group’s newly named executive board on March 9, live in New York, with webcasts at 25 locations in the U.S. and U.K. Cindy Gallop, one of the most outspoken advocates for diversity in business, tech and advertising, will headline the event.
In 2006, a small group of IPG women set out to connect with colleagues and create a supportive and active network to increase opportunities for women at all levels across its companies. Born from that idea was the WLN, which has grown into a global network with thousands of members in cities from Chicago to Shanghai.
Last October, the WLN appointed Darla Price as National Chair. Price is SVP, Group Account Director at m:united//McCann New York, where she leads the Microsoft Surface & Windows businesses. “The WLN is focused on promoting opportunities for women within IPG by giving women at all levels valuable tools and connections to help foster their careers,” said Price. “As this is the first multinational event under a new executive board at the WLN, Cindy Gallop is the ideal voice for kicking off our new WLN – she’s outspoken, provocative and has a shared commitment for results for women and for business.”
“We know that companies that embrace diversity and inclusion are among the most successful companies in the world,” said Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of Interpublic. “Our business resource groups, including the WLN, are a key part of IPG’s diversity and inclusion program. We are thrilled that the WLN is re-launching, with Darla Price at its helm, and a new board of energized, talented individuals helping to lead the organization. Now more than ever, it’s crucial to our success that we ensure that opportunities, regardless of gender, are maximized,” he continued.
Cindy Gallop is the Founder and CEO of IfWeRanTheWorld and makeLoveNotPorn. She will speak to the surprising ways women’s individual lenses, skills and talents can bring more creativity and impact to their work.
The Women’s Leadership Network aims to be the force for gender equality and opportunity for women within IPG. Its mission is to champion IPG women by working to understand the gender equality challenges they may be facing – and leverage those learnings to tirelessly advocate for every colleague to contribute to creating a more inclusive workplace where IPG women can thrive. The company also has employee groups that include the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS, the Hispanic/Latino heritage group, the IPGLBT and the Asian Heritage Group.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018