Cindy Gallop To Headline IPG Women’s Leadership Network Multinational Event
The IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) will host a launch event under the group’s newly named executive board on March 9, live in New York, with webcasts at 25 locations in the U.S. and U.K. Cindy Gallop, one of the most outspoken advocates for diversity in business, tech and advertising, will headline the event.
In 2006, a small group of IPG women set out to connect with colleagues and create a supportive and active network to increase opportunities for women at all levels across its companies. Born from that idea was the WLN, which has grown into a global network with thousands of members in cities from Chicago to Shanghai.
Last October, the WLN appointed Darla Price as National Chair. Price is SVP, Group Account Director at m:united//McCann New York, where she leads the Microsoft Surface & Windows businesses. “The WLN is focused on promoting opportunities for women within IPG by giving women at all levels valuable tools and connections to help foster their careers,” said Price. “As this is the first multinational event under a new executive board at the WLN, Cindy Gallop is the ideal voice for kicking off our new WLN – she’s outspoken, provocative and has a shared commitment for results for women and for business.”
“We know that companies that embrace diversity and inclusion are among the most successful companies in the world,” said Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of Interpublic. “Our business resource groups, including the WLN, are a key part of IPG’s diversity and inclusion program. We are thrilled that the WLN is re-launching, with Darla Price at its helm, and a new board of energized, talented individuals helping to lead the organization. Now more than ever, it’s crucial to our success that we ensure that opportunities, regardless of gender, are maximized,” he continued.
Cindy Gallop is the Founder and CEO of IfWeRanTheWorld and makeLoveNotPorn. She will speak to the surprising ways women’s individual lenses, skills and talents can bring more creativity and impact to their work.
The Women’s Leadership Network aims to be the force for gender equality and opportunity for women within IPG. Its mission is to champion IPG women by working to understand the gender equality challenges they may be facing – and leverage those learnings to tirelessly advocate for every colleague to contribute to creating a more inclusive workplace where IPG women can thrive. The company also has employee groups that include the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS, the Hispanic/Latino heritage group, the IPGLBT and the Asian Heritage Group.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019