Creating a Meaningful Purpose-Driven Campaign to Generate Affinity for a Tax Leader
Many young people do not have the skills needed to make effective money-management decisions. Instead of making simple mistakes while young, they are making mistakes that could have serious ramifications as adults. To help, H&R Block engaged Carmichael Lynch Relate to expand and elevate its latent "Dollars & Sense" program to increase teens’ financial literacy.
With H&R Block, we created a real-world simulation – the" H&R Block Budget Challenge" – to help teens learn how to make real-life decisions without real-life consequences. Students play classroom against classroom and student against student, competing for $3 million in grants. As part of its commitment to financial literacy, H&R Block offers the game free to teachers and home school educators. Employee associates help us award the students and teachers in their local communities.
We generated nearly 900 million impressions, and traffic to the Dollars & Sense website increased more than 14,000 percent year-over-year. Thousands of teachers received tools and lesson plans for their students; 100,000 students gained valuable financial literacy skills; and the company gave away $3 million in scholarships and grants. H&R Block saw significant lifts in brand preference and likability, as measured by its annual brand health tracking study.
The campaign won a 2016 PRWeek award for Cause Related Campaign of the Year, and was a finalist for Best in Show. And we have created a movement for this important cause and positioned H&R Block as the champion for preparing teens to successfully manage their personal finances.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019