Creating a Meaningful Purpose-Driven Campaign to Generate Affinity for a Tax Leader
Many young people do not have the skills needed to make effective money-management decisions. Instead of making simple mistakes while young, they are making mistakes that could have serious ramifications as adults. To help, H&R Block engaged Carmichael Lynch Relate to expand and elevate its latent "Dollars & Sense" program to increase teens’ financial literacy.
With H&R Block, we created a real-world simulation – the" H&R Block Budget Challenge" – to help teens learn how to make real-life decisions without real-life consequences. Students play classroom against classroom and student against student, competing for $3 million in grants. As part of its commitment to financial literacy, H&R Block offers the game free to teachers and home school educators. Employee associates help us award the students and teachers in their local communities.
We generated nearly 900 million impressions, and traffic to the Dollars & Sense website increased more than 14,000 percent year-over-year. Thousands of teachers received tools and lesson plans for their students; 100,000 students gained valuable financial literacy skills; and the company gave away $3 million in scholarships and grants. H&R Block saw significant lifts in brand preference and likability, as measured by its annual brand health tracking study.
The campaign won a 2016 PRWeek award for Cause Related Campaign of the Year, and was a finalist for Best in Show. And we have created a movement for this important cause and positioned H&R Block as the champion for preparing teens to successfully manage their personal finances.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019