R/GA Launches Chatbot to Help Close The Gender Pay Gap
Women, on average, are paid 79 cents to every dollar that their male co-workers make. And every Equal Pay Day — which symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year — we ask ourselves: how do you close the gender pay gap?
The answer might lie in an insightful study by the Cass Business School in London, the University of Warwick in the U.K., and the University of Wisconsin, which revealed that men were 25% more likely to receive a raise after asking.
Based on this insight, a collective of creatives from R/GA, The Muse, Ladies Get Paid, Reply.ai and PayScale teamed up to launch an innovative tool to help women close the gender pay gap by honing in on their bargaining skills with one of the world’s fiercest female leaders and equal pay advocates: Cindy Gallop.
How? By turning Cindy into the bossiest Facebook Messenger chatbot out there. After all, practicing in the mirror is one thing, but practicing on one of advertising’s toughest critics is another thing entirely. Get past Cindy Gallop and your boss will be a breeze.
The tool harnesses the power of technology to give women the data and confidence they need to successfully ask for raise, while raising awareness and inspiring action. By creating a private conversation between two women backed by data and supported with sass, @AskCindyGallop gets us one step closer to closing the gender pay gap.
The “Ask Cindy Gallop” Facebook Messenger chatbot launched on International Equal Pay Day and, in addition to the chatbot on Facebook, also includes a video and social activation strategy across of all the brand partner social media channels.
To find the bot, search @AskCindyGallop in Facebook Messenger. Message it to get the tips and money you deserve.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018