FCB Lisbon and Royal Canin Open "The Furmacy"
In pharmacies we usually find medicines that help to ease symptoms or cure diseases. But some pains can only be cured with love. That’s what “The Furmacy,” a pop-up pharmacy created by three Portuguese animal protection associations together with FCB Lisbon and animal food and nutrition brand Royal Canin, had to offer to those who stopped by – lots of love, tenderness, loyalty and joy.
Instead of traditional medicines, The Furmacy suggested the company of a homeless dog. A treatment not only fun, but proven to be effective in the management of several modern distresses like depression, loneliness, anxiety and allergies.
In Portugal, one third of the population suffers from anxiety or depression; prescription of anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs more than doubled in the last six years; 6 in 10 Portuguese are affected by stress disorders and the percentage of people over 65 with obesity is the highest in the European Union. At the same time, shelter associations in the country say that only 30% of homeless dogs are adopted and about 100,000 dogs and cats are put down each year in shelters. Beginning in 2018, the culling of animals due to overpopulation in public shelters in Portugal will be strictly forbidden – all these animals will have to find a home. The Furmacy hopes to help further that goal.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018