FCB Lisbon and Royal Canin Open "The Furmacy"
In pharmacies we usually find medicines that help to ease symptoms or cure diseases. But some pains can only be cured with love. That’s what “The Furmacy,” a pop-up pharmacy created by three Portuguese animal protection associations together with FCB Lisbon and animal food and nutrition brand Royal Canin, had to offer to those who stopped by – lots of love, tenderness, loyalty and joy.
Instead of traditional medicines, The Furmacy suggested the company of a homeless dog. A treatment not only fun, but proven to be effective in the management of several modern distresses like depression, loneliness, anxiety and allergies.
In Portugal, one third of the population suffers from anxiety or depression; prescription of anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs more than doubled in the last six years; 6 in 10 Portuguese are affected by stress disorders and the percentage of people over 65 with obesity is the highest in the European Union. At the same time, shelter associations in the country say that only 30% of homeless dogs are adopted and about 100,000 dogs and cats are put down each year in shelters. Beginning in 2018, the culling of animals due to overpopulation in public shelters in Portugal will be strictly forbidden – all these animals will have to find a home. The Furmacy hopes to help further that goal.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019