FCB and Pearson Create First Words to Tackle Adult Illiteracy
Across the world, almost one billion adults can’t read or write. And illiteracy is the crux of some of the largest issues people around the world face on a daily basis. FCB Inferno has partnered with Pearson’s Project Literacy to raise awareness about adult illiteracy and to inspire action around the issue.
“First Words” builds upon the successful 2016 campaign also created by FCB Inferno entitled “Alphabet of Illiteracy,” which won the Cannes Health Lions Grand Prix. “First Words” specifically focuses on intergenerational illiteracy and highlights its cyclical nature, showing how if a parent is unable to read, it is likely to be passed on to the next generation and so on.
“First Words” poignantly depicts the impact illiteracy has on basic day-to-day tasks, as well as the stigma associated with it – Donna avoids the supermarket because she can’t read the labels, and David fears he will get lost on the bus because he can’t read the map. The work also focuses on the empowerment these people feel when they finally learn to read and write. FCB Inferno’s campaign seeks to transform lives through promoting literacy, one generation at a time.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018