McCann Santo Domingo and Nestlé’s Nido Launch Car Safety Device
Each year, an average of 37 children die after being left alone in hot cars according to Kids and Cars, a global children’s safety advocacy organization that tracks data on automobile-related child deaths. This led to the creation of Umbilicar, the new product created by McCann Santo Domingo and Nido, Nestlé’s powdered milk brand for infants and children. Umbilicar prevents parents from abandoning children in cars.
The device, resembling the umbilical cord, keeps parents physically connected to children. McCann worked with product designers to produce a low-cost, highly effective device that can be used by anyone driving the car. The device acts as a second seat belt over the child seat that won’t let drivers leave the vehicle without unbuckling the child seat.
"There are many intelligent apps that help prevent this kind of negligence, but due to the low penetration of smartphones and overall poor internet signal in Dominican Republic, we thought that an analog, low cost, user-friendly device would be more effective,” said Álvaro Noboa, General Creative Director of McCann Santo Domingo.
In just one week, over 10,000 Umbilicar units were distributed at kindergartens and schools, with another additional 300,000 units scheduled for production as a result of massive press coverage. Nido’s sales in the Domincan Republic rose 27% during the campaign.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019