McCann Santo Domingo and Nestlé’s Nido Launch Car Safety Device
Each year, an average of 37 children die after being left alone in hot cars according to Kids and Cars, a global children’s safety advocacy organization that tracks data on automobile-related child deaths. This led to the creation of Umbilicar, the new product created by McCann Santo Domingo and Nido, Nestlé’s powdered milk brand for infants and children. Umbilicar prevents parents from abandoning children in cars.
The device, resembling the umbilical cord, keeps parents physically connected to children. McCann worked with product designers to produce a low-cost, highly effective device that can be used by anyone driving the car. The device acts as a second seat belt over the child seat that won’t let drivers leave the vehicle without unbuckling the child seat.
"There are many intelligent apps that help prevent this kind of negligence, but due to the low penetration of smartphones and overall poor internet signal in Dominican Republic, we thought that an analog, low cost, user-friendly device would be more effective,” said Álvaro Noboa, General Creative Director of McCann Santo Domingo.
In just one week, over 10,000 Umbilicar units were distributed at kindergartens and schools, with another additional 300,000 units scheduled for production as a result of massive press coverage. Nido’s sales in the Domincan Republic rose 27% during the campaign.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018