McCann Santo Domingo and Nestlé’s Nido Launch Car Safety Device
Each year, an average of 37 children die after being left alone in hot cars according to Kids and Cars, a global children’s safety advocacy organization that tracks data on automobile-related child deaths. This led to the creation of Umbilicar, the new product created by McCann Santo Domingo and Nido, Nestlé’s powdered milk brand for infants and children. Umbilicar prevents parents from abandoning children in cars.
The device, resembling the umbilical cord, keeps parents physically connected to children. McCann worked with product designers to produce a low-cost, highly effective device that can be used by anyone driving the car. The device acts as a second seat belt over the child seat that won’t let drivers leave the vehicle without unbuckling the child seat.
"There are many intelligent apps that help prevent this kind of negligence, but due to the low penetration of smartphones and overall poor internet signal in Dominican Republic, we thought that an analog, low cost, user-friendly device would be more effective,” said Álvaro Noboa, General Creative Director of McCann Santo Domingo.
In just one week, over 10,000 Umbilicar units were distributed at kindergartens and schools, with another additional 300,000 units scheduled for production as a result of massive press coverage. Nido’s sales in the Domincan Republic rose 27% during the campaign.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018