WLN NY Hosts Young Women’s Tech Explorers
On July 21st, the WLN NY chapter hosted a working session for the The Young Women’s Leadership School of Astoria’s Tech Explorers, a summer program for girls aged 12-17 who are interested in technology. The program aims to provide exposure to technology/coding, graphic design and film-making for female students from underserved communities, and to give them the opportunity to explore New York City’s technology community. These young women have spent the summer developing their own apps, and they used yesterday's session to work with women from across IPG agencies to continue to develop and refine their ideas.
Thirteen women from across IPG agencies volunteered their time to work with thirty-five young women to get their apps to the next stage. The working session included helping the girls with code and design questions and showing them how to get their ideas into a storyboard for the commercials they're creating to advertise their apps.
As a wrap up to their summer program, the young women will be presenting their apps and commercials at Google!
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019