McCANN HEALTH SINGAPORE RELEASES NEW CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY
McCann Health Singapore and the Singapore Wellness Association (SWA) have launched a new campaign to raise awareness of childhood obesity.
“Childhood obesity is a serious issue in Singapore, with 1 out of 10 school children weighing in as obese”, Sonia Ong, Director of SWA said. “The number of obese children in Singapore keeps rising. What’s more, studies show that 70% of obese children are likely to continue being obese in adulthood, putting them at greater risk of developing diabetes and heart disease.”
To tackle this problem, SWA partnered with McCann Health Singapore to produce a range of unique growth charts. Typically placed in a vertical manner to measure height, these charts are instead installed horizontally. This simple change in orientation draws parents’, teachers’ and pediatricians’ attention to childhood obesity and calls on them to join the fight against childhood obesity by encouraging children to lead a more active lifestyle.
“These horizontal growth charts help SWA deliver a serious health message to parents, in a simple and fun manner, reminding them to pay more attention to how their kids are growing and the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle,” said Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
The growth charts have been placed in schools and pediatric clinics to motivate parents to look into programs that the SWA offers and to encourage children to participate in more physical activities.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018