McCANN HEALTH SINGAPORE RELEASES NEW CAMPAIGN TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD OBESITY
McCann Health Singapore and the Singapore Wellness Association (SWA) have launched a new campaign to raise awareness of childhood obesity.
“Childhood obesity is a serious issue in Singapore, with 1 out of 10 school children weighing in as obese”, Sonia Ong, Director of SWA said. “The number of obese children in Singapore keeps rising. What’s more, studies show that 70% of obese children are likely to continue being obese in adulthood, putting them at greater risk of developing diabetes and heart disease.”
To tackle this problem, SWA partnered with McCann Health Singapore to produce a range of unique growth charts. Typically placed in a vertical manner to measure height, these charts are instead installed horizontally. This simple change in orientation draws parents’, teachers’ and pediatricians’ attention to childhood obesity and calls on them to join the fight against childhood obesity by encouraging children to lead a more active lifestyle.
“These horizontal growth charts help SWA deliver a serious health message to parents, in a simple and fun manner, reminding them to pay more attention to how their kids are growing and the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle,” said Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
The growth charts have been placed in schools and pediatric clinics to motivate parents to look into programs that the SWA offers and to encourage children to participate in more physical activities.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018