Jack Morton Chicago Takes Women off the Sidelines and into the Spotlight
In America, women make up nearly half of football’s 150 million fans and one-third of the audience for sports coverage. But when it comes to media coverage, their opinions are left on the sidelines. COVERGIRL believes “Girls Can” and aims to inspire women and young girls to succeed in areas where they are under-represented, including sports. Jack Morton Chicago saw a unique opportunity using the brand’s partnership with professional American football to help women and young girls break into a male-dominated field.
And with that, “Rantin’ and Raven,” the first-ever all-female football pregame show, was born. The program needed a strong voice to lead the charge so they engaged Lesley Visser—the first female football analyst and one of the most influential women in sports casting history. Lesley stood alongside 15 of the loudest, proudest female football fans around. On game day outside of the stadium, we went live in front of thousands of fans as our women talked football for hours leading up to the game, giving female football fans a voice louder than ever before.
With a single play, we increased the number of non-sideline reporters but even more important was the conversation it started — an outpouring of both positive and negative comments. Demonstrating that even though we saw a huge gain for women in sports, we still have many more yards to go.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019