McCann Promotes Environmental Awareness with Travelling Fruits Campaign
- Many products are shipped halfway round the world to our local supermarkets, creating vast amounts of unnecessary pollution.
- The “Travelling Fruits” campaign draws attention to the fact that by shopping wisely, consumers can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- The campaign’s goal was to create awareness that buying locally-grown products contributes to carbon emissions reductions – in a similar way to making choices about fuel-efficient cars.
McCann Germany created bold images to capture the attention of consumers – showing tropical fruits, in the form of planes and freighter ships spewing exhaust. The campaign created a strong visual message that tropical fruits – such as bananas, pineapples, and coconuts – are embedded with the environmental impacts of long-distance travel. The billboards ran in the large towns of Germany.
The “Travelling Fruits” campaign received international publicity, bringing the environmental message to different markets including Marie Claire Magazine, South Africa; UNEP Gallery, Paris; “Greening the World“ Exhibition, Milan, Italy and Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia.
The campaign also won award nominations for McCann Germany including:
- Mobius Award Competition (Print), 2009 – First Place
- Cresta Awards (Best Billboard), 2009 – Shortlist
- One Show (Outdoor Campaign), 2009 – First Cut
- Plakat & Media Grand Prix (Best Poster), 2009 - Finalist
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018