McCann Promotes Environmental Awareness with Travelling Fruits Campaign
- Many products are shipped halfway round the world to our local supermarkets, creating vast amounts of unnecessary pollution.
- The “Travelling Fruits” campaign draws attention to the fact that by shopping wisely, consumers can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- The campaign’s goal was to create awareness that buying locally-grown products contributes to carbon emissions reductions – in a similar way to making choices about fuel-efficient cars.
McCann Germany created bold images to capture the attention of consumers – showing tropical fruits, in the form of planes and freighter ships spewing exhaust. The campaign created a strong visual message that tropical fruits – such as bananas, pineapples, and coconuts – are embedded with the environmental impacts of long-distance travel. The billboards ran in the large towns of Germany.
The “Travelling Fruits” campaign received international publicity, bringing the environmental message to different markets including Marie Claire Magazine, South Africa; UNEP Gallery, Paris; “Greening the World“ Exhibition, Milan, Italy and Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia.
The campaign also won award nominations for McCann Germany including:
- Mobius Award Competition (Print), 2009 – First Place
- Cresta Awards (Best Billboard), 2009 – Shortlist
- One Show (Outdoor Campaign), 2009 – First Cut
- Plakat & Media Grand Prix (Best Poster), 2009 - Finalist
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019