McCann Promotes Environmental Awareness with Travelling Fruits Campaign
- Many products are shipped halfway round the world to our local supermarkets, creating vast amounts of unnecessary pollution.
- The “Travelling Fruits” campaign draws attention to the fact that by shopping wisely, consumers can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- The campaign’s goal was to create awareness that buying locally-grown products contributes to carbon emissions reductions – in a similar way to making choices about fuel-efficient cars.
McCann Germany created bold images to capture the attention of consumers – showing tropical fruits, in the form of planes and freighter ships spewing exhaust. The campaign created a strong visual message that tropical fruits – such as bananas, pineapples, and coconuts – are embedded with the environmental impacts of long-distance travel. The billboards ran in the large towns of Germany.
The “Travelling Fruits” campaign received international publicity, bringing the environmental message to different markets including Marie Claire Magazine, South Africa; UNEP Gallery, Paris; “Greening the World“ Exhibition, Milan, Italy and Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network Exhibition, Brisbane, Australia.
The campaign also won award nominations for McCann Germany including:
- Mobius Award Competition (Print), 2009 – First Place
- Cresta Awards (Best Billboard), 2009 – Shortlist
- One Show (Outdoor Campaign), 2009 – First Cut
- Plakat & Media Grand Prix (Best Poster), 2009 - Finalist
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018