Hill Holliday Partners with Planet Fitness and Boy & Girls Clubs to Prevent Bullying
Hill Holliday has partnered with Planet Fitness, and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America to spread kindness and end bullying this October (National Bullying Prevention Month) by donating 100 percent of all new member enrollment fees through Oct. 13 to the Boys & Girls Club. Everyone is invited to join for just $5 down, and then $10 per month with no commitment. Existing Planet Fitness members are also welcome to make a donation to the cause in-club during that timeframe.
The promotion, which last year raised more than $1 million, helps support programs to prevent bullying and promote a culture of kindness through the Planet Fitness philanthropic initiative, The Judgement Free Generation™.
Bullying has become all-too-common, with 1 in 4 kids reporting that they've been bullied and parents of school-aged children citing it as their number one concern. As the home of the Judgement Free Zone®, Planet Fitness is committed to addressing this issue and has funded trainings for more than 2,000 staff from 764 Boys & Girls Clubs across the country through a partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
"Our gyms are safe, judgement free spaces for our members, and our goal is to extend that same culture of acceptance to youth and the communities we serve," said Chris Rondeau, Planet Fitness CEO. "Together with our franchisees, staff and members, Planet Fitness has funded trainings and resources for Boys & Girls Clubs of America professionals and youth leaders on how to create kinder cultures, awarded more than $50,000 in scholarships to youth who embody values of kindness and acceptance, and built Mini Judgement Free Zone fitness centers within local Boys & Girls Clubs so that kids have a welcoming, non-intimidating space to be active. We look forward to continuing to deepen our impact in the years to come."
"Our partnership with Planet Fitness is not only helping to empower our Club professionals and youth to foster positive, emotionally safe climates in Boys & Girls Clubs, it's helping them to thrive day-in and day-out," said Boys & Girls Clubs of America President and CEO Jim Clark. "This effort is exemplary of our mission to offer Club youth a wide range of health and wellness-focused programs that extend beyond physical activity and proper nutrition to include social and emotional well-being."
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018