McCann Health Works to Destigmatize Mental Health
On World Mental Health Day, McCann Health hosted The Drum’s “Do It Day” hackathon to find creative solutions for destigmatizing conversations around mental illness. The brief, presented by Mental Health America’s CEO Paul Gionfriddo, was to expand on an existing platform (called “B4Stage4”) to encourage early screening for mental health issues, particularly for younger kids. The hackathon was kicked off by The Drum’s Americas editor, Doug Zanger, and McCann Health’s Global Chief Creative Officer, Jeremy Perrott.
Three teams went to work—each with the guidance of a creative mentor from McCann Health.. At the end of the day, each team presented their idea to the room as judges (Paul Gionfriddo, Doug Zanger, and Jeremy Perrott) deliberated. Two teams were selected to advance to the campaign execution stage, and their combined efforts will be fine-tuned to launch in November.
Jeremy Perrott said of the winning teams: “[They] went straight to contemporary, modern, social media that engages, embraces and drags people into the world we want to be in, there was nothing that relied on big money…that would drain the creativity,” and added that the tight timeline could be seen as an advantage. He added, “When there’s no time and no money, brilliance starts to bubble up pretty quickly.”
The winning teams will combine the idea of building an avatar, or bitmoji, to encourage kids to express their state of emotions to their adult caretakers, along with the concept of building and investing in your “mental wealth,” which aims to reframe the language and perception around mental health issues and promote the importance of taking steps to ensure a child’s mental wellbeing.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018