Planet Fitness: New Year's Eve
Planet Fitness, America’s fastest growing gym, wanted to become a leader in their category. But to do so, they needed to move beyond challenging other gyms, and instead take on the judgements of the world. Our idea? The World Judges. We Don’t.
We looked into the brand’s DNA and turned the Judgement Free Zone into a verb by creating a custom thumbs up emoji that would show up in every aspect of the creative; symbolizing that you’re good, we’re all good because Planet Fitness is more than a gym - it’s your judgement-free happy place. Our campaign launched on the fitness world’s Super Bowl - New Year’s Eve, with a complete takeover of Times Square. We aired a :60 second spot with a countdown theme featuring judgement scenarios. We branded stages, billboards, and millions of hats. So when global news outlets showed Times Square, everyone saw Planet Fitness.
We grew Planet Fitness new membership by 67%, crashing the website during our New Year’s promotion due to an eightfold increase in site traffic. January 2017 became their best performing month of all-time with over 1.2MM+ member acquisitions, 700 join attempts per minute, a record-breaking increase of 54% year-over-year at a cost-per-join of 47.5% lesser than the previous year. The campaign generated over 73M media impressions.
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018