McCann Torre Lazur Acts on Suicide Prevention
Inspired by the experience of a colleague who lost a loved one to suicide, a team of volunteers at the healthcare communications company McCann Torre Lazur, a McCann Health Company based in Parsippany, New Jersey, has spent the last two years engaging their creative powers to build a powerful call to action for suicide prevention, showing the world that life is worth living.
Earlier this month, #worthliving team took The Orange Project to the streets–Garibaldi Square in Washington Square Park, NYC –- and invited the public to write a note and maybe help save a life.
Using the orange sticky note as a visual vehicle to speak out for suicide awareness, the team wants to tell those suffering that suicide isn't the answer. They want to give hope to the girl being bullied, the boy who feels unloved, and other young adults experiencing dark moments. The team will be inviting people to handwrite a note of hope and encouragement for someone who needs it and maybe help save a life.
Now in its 3rd year, the #worthliving team is working with students across the globe to roll out The Orange Project, a youth-driven educational and social media campaign encouraging more open communication about suicide and an understanding of its warning signs. The team hopes to build the largest photo album of handwritten notes from across the globe to raise awareness about suicide prevention in young people and (hopefully) break a Guinness World Record, but the ultimate goal remains the same…to help save a life.
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- Making an Impact with Major Media - Published on 12/10/2018
- 12 Days of Grilled Cheese - Published on 12/10/2018