McCann Lima and Calidda Send Message About Air Pollution
McCann Lima has released “Lima Is Talking,” an innovative out-of-home advertising project that collected actual air pollution to communicate the hazards of automobile pollution and promote the benefits of natural gas.
According to the World Health Organization, Lima is the second most-polluted city in Latin America. To promote the benefits of natural gas to mitigate the problem, McCann Lima worked with Peruvian gas company Cálidda to create an innovative marketing campaign that gives a voice to Peru’s capital. In the campaign, Lima appeared to literally write a message to local residents about how difficult it has become for it to breathe.
The campaign innovation was to attach a device to a prominent outdoor ad location in one of Lima’s busiest traffic locations. The device in the billboard unit collected CO2 pollution from the atmosphere. The unit stored the CO2 gas, then processed it into a powder. In the transformation process from gas to powder, the powder acted as an ink and was manipulated to slowly write a message on the outdoor billboard, which began as a blank canvas. After 15 days of this process, the billboard broadcast the final message: “It takes me a lot to breathe,” a message was literally written with air pollution.
The experiment was recorded and the online film was shared across social media platforms. The air pollution powder was packaged in the media kit and sent to influencers and the press, along with an invitation to the public to debate Lima’s appalling air pollution.
“With this initiative, we wanted to raise awareness around air pollution and engage citizens in the pursuit of solutions. Besides, we offer the natural gas option as a less polluting fuel,” said Amadeo Arraste, Calidda’s Regulation Director.
“The billboard was installed in one of Lima’s busiest traffic points, Abancay Avenue, so that we could reach the largest possible audience, while showing the concrete result of fossil fuels,” noted Mauricio Fernández-Maldonado, Creative EVP for McCann Lima.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018