McCann Health Japan Develops Washable Book to Teach Children the Benefits of Hand-Washing
The "Washable Book," a project from McCann Health Japan, teaches children about the benefits of hand-washing. McCann Health Japan, working with ANGFA Tokyo, a health and beauty products company, created the world's first washable picture book. Children can only read the story by washing the character’s hands on the pages.
Through a special printing technology, washing the hands on the page reveals the story – and the bright future of healthy children – in full color. The story explains hand-washing and germicidal soap and their benefits to society. The story explains that 6,000 children die every day from infectious diseases in developing countries. In a first printing, 400 “Washable Books” will be sent to children in Cambodia, together with germicidal soap. The campaign will be promoted via social media, public relations and community outreach.
Jeremy Perrott, the Global Chief Creative Officer of McCann Health commented, “The true human instinct to touch feel and experience is brought to life in this simple, engaging and powerfully compelling book. What I love most about this book is the lack of high-tech and sophisticated systems to convey a message. Instead we learn through an experience and remember because of the simple act of washing a surface to reveal its message. Simply genius.”
Sean Riley, Executive Creative Director McCann Health, Japan & North Asia said, “Washable book is not just a book…it is a learning experience – an interactive storybook that incorporates the physical act of handwashing into the story itself…to ensure that the connection between cause and effect is crystal clear.”
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018