McCann Health Japan Develops Washable Book to Teach Children the Benefits of Hand-Washing
The "Washable Book," a project from McCann Health Japan, teaches children about the benefits of hand-washing. McCann Health Japan, working with ANGFA Tokyo, a health and beauty products company, created the world's first washable picture book. Children can only read the story by washing the character’s hands on the pages.
Through a special printing technology, washing the hands on the page reveals the story – and the bright future of healthy children – in full color. The story explains hand-washing and germicidal soap and their benefits to society. The story explains that 6,000 children die every day from infectious diseases in developing countries. In a first printing, 400 “Washable Books” will be sent to children in Cambodia, together with germicidal soap. The campaign will be promoted via social media, public relations and community outreach.
Jeremy Perrott, the Global Chief Creative Officer of McCann Health commented, “The true human instinct to touch feel and experience is brought to life in this simple, engaging and powerfully compelling book. What I love most about this book is the lack of high-tech and sophisticated systems to convey a message. Instead we learn through an experience and remember because of the simple act of washing a surface to reveal its message. Simply genius.”
Sean Riley, Executive Creative Director McCann Health, Japan & North Asia said, “Washable book is not just a book…it is a learning experience – an interactive storybook that incorporates the physical act of handwashing into the story itself…to ensure that the connection between cause and effect is crystal clear.”
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018