McCann Health Japan Develops Washable Book to Teach Children the Benefits of Hand-Washing
The "Washable Book," a project from McCann Health Japan, teaches children about the benefits of hand-washing. McCann Health Japan, working with ANGFA Tokyo, a health and beauty products company, created the world's first washable picture book. Children can only read the story by washing the character’s hands on the pages.
Through a special printing technology, washing the hands on the page reveals the story – and the bright future of healthy children – in full color. The story explains hand-washing and germicidal soap and their benefits to society. The story explains that 6,000 children die every day from infectious diseases in developing countries. In a first printing, 400 “Washable Books” will be sent to children in Cambodia, together with germicidal soap. The campaign will be promoted via social media, public relations and community outreach.
Jeremy Perrott, the Global Chief Creative Officer of McCann Health commented, “The true human instinct to touch feel and experience is brought to life in this simple, engaging and powerfully compelling book. What I love most about this book is the lack of high-tech and sophisticated systems to convey a message. Instead we learn through an experience and remember because of the simple act of washing a surface to reveal its message. Simply genius.”
Sean Riley, Executive Creative Director McCann Health, Japan & North Asia said, “Washable book is not just a book…it is a learning experience – an interactive storybook that incorporates the physical act of handwashing into the story itself…to ensure that the connection between cause and effect is crystal clear.”
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018