McCann Health Japan Develops Washable Book to Teach Children the Benefits of Hand-Washing
The "Washable Book," a project from McCann Health Japan, teaches children about the benefits of hand-washing. McCann Health Japan, working with ANGFA Tokyo, a health and beauty products company, created the world's first washable picture book. Children can only read the story by washing the character’s hands on the pages.
Through a special printing technology, washing the hands on the page reveals the story – and the bright future of healthy children – in full color. The story explains hand-washing and germicidal soap and their benefits to society. The story explains that 6,000 children die every day from infectious diseases in developing countries. In a first printing, 400 “Washable Books” will be sent to children in Cambodia, together with germicidal soap. The campaign will be promoted via social media, public relations and community outreach.
Jeremy Perrott, the Global Chief Creative Officer of McCann Health commented, “The true human instinct to touch feel and experience is brought to life in this simple, engaging and powerfully compelling book. What I love most about this book is the lack of high-tech and sophisticated systems to convey a message. Instead we learn through an experience and remember because of the simple act of washing a surface to reveal its message. Simply genius.”
Sean Riley, Executive Creative Director McCann Health, Japan & North Asia said, “Washable book is not just a book…it is a learning experience – an interactive storybook that incorporates the physical act of handwashing into the story itself…to ensure that the connection between cause and effect is crystal clear.”
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019