R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria
R/GA is part of a coalition of global organizations involved in a new campaign to prioritize the fight against malaria. R/GA London helped create “Malaria Must Die, So Millions Can Live,” featuring David Beckham who has supported the malaria fight for more than 15 years through his role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and Malaria No More UK Leadership Council Member.
Despite significant strides in the fight against malaria which has saved 7 million lives since 2000, the latest World Malaria Report from the World Health Organization (WHO) shows progress has now stalled. Malaria tragically claims 445,000 lives a year and over half of these deaths occur in Commonwealth countries. Each death is needless as malaria is totally preventable and costs less than a cup of tea to treat. The new campaign highlights the need for a renewed global effort to regain momentum to conquer this preventable killer disease. The film launches ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London, April 2018, and calls for leaders to put malaria firmly on the agenda and agree to bold political action to end malaria for good.
James Temple, R/GA EVP Chief Creative Officer, EMEA said: “Malaria is the world’s oldest and deadliest disease. R/GA has always enjoyed taking on big challenges and none come bigger than this. And we hope our first piece of work for the cause gives true impetus to the journey towards uniting the world to end this dreadful disease once and for all.”
Kate Wills, Director of Communications and Partnerships, Malaria No More UK commented “I am delighted by the support we have received from our partners both across the malaria community and within the communications industry. It’s their resounding commitment to combat one of our planet’s most deadly diseases that has seen them come together as one and inspire people all over the world to sit up, take notice and take action at this historic moment.”
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018