R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria
R/GA is part of a coalition of global organizations involved in a new campaign to prioritize the fight against malaria. R/GA London helped create “Malaria Must Die, So Millions Can Live,” featuring David Beckham who has supported the malaria fight for more than 15 years through his role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and Malaria No More UK Leadership Council Member.
Despite significant strides in the fight against malaria which has saved 7 million lives since 2000, the latest World Malaria Report from the World Health Organization (WHO) shows progress has now stalled. Malaria tragically claims 445,000 lives a year and over half of these deaths occur in Commonwealth countries. Each death is needless as malaria is totally preventable and costs less than a cup of tea to treat. The new campaign highlights the need for a renewed global effort to regain momentum to conquer this preventable killer disease. The film launches ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London, April 2018, and calls for leaders to put malaria firmly on the agenda and agree to bold political action to end malaria for good.
James Temple, R/GA EVP Chief Creative Officer, EMEA said: “Malaria is the world’s oldest and deadliest disease. R/GA has always enjoyed taking on big challenges and none come bigger than this. And we hope our first piece of work for the cause gives true impetus to the journey towards uniting the world to end this dreadful disease once and for all.”
Kate Wills, Director of Communications and Partnerships, Malaria No More UK commented “I am delighted by the support we have received from our partners both across the malaria community and within the communications industry. It’s their resounding commitment to combat one of our planet’s most deadly diseases that has seen them come together as one and inspire people all over the world to sit up, take notice and take action at this historic moment.”
- IPG WLN Hosts Event with Michele Thornton-Ghee - Published on 05/24/2018
- FP7/McCann Dubai and Babyshop Encourage Unity During Ramadan - Published on 05/22/2018
- Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism - Published on 05/22/2018
- FCB Bucharest Creates Paints from Vegetables - Published on 05/21/2018
- Initiative Tomorrow Addresses Internship Discrimination - Published on 05/18/2018
- FCB New Zealand and Vodafone Sleep In for Cancer Cure - Published on 05/18/2018
- FCB NZ Creates New Bullying Prevention Initiative - Published on 05/18/2018
- McCann New York Partners with National Geographic on “Planet or Plastic” - Published on 05/18/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King Create ‘Stories Ordering’ on Instagram - Published on 05/17/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers and BODYARMOR LAUNCH FIRST-EVER AD CAMPAIGN FOR NEW SPORTWATER - Published on 05/15/2018