R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria
R/GA is part of a coalition of global organizations involved in a new campaign to prioritize the fight against malaria. R/GA London helped create “Malaria Must Die, So Millions Can Live,” featuring David Beckham who has supported the malaria fight for more than 15 years through his role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and Malaria No More UK Leadership Council Member.
Despite significant strides in the fight against malaria which has saved 7 million lives since 2000, the latest World Malaria Report from the World Health Organization (WHO) shows progress has now stalled. Malaria tragically claims 445,000 lives a year and over half of these deaths occur in Commonwealth countries. Each death is needless as malaria is totally preventable and costs less than a cup of tea to treat. The new campaign highlights the need for a renewed global effort to regain momentum to conquer this preventable killer disease. The film launches ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London, April 2018, and calls for leaders to put malaria firmly on the agenda and agree to bold political action to end malaria for good.
James Temple, R/GA EVP Chief Creative Officer, EMEA said: “Malaria is the world’s oldest and deadliest disease. R/GA has always enjoyed taking on big challenges and none come bigger than this. And we hope our first piece of work for the cause gives true impetus to the journey towards uniting the world to end this dreadful disease once and for all.”
Kate Wills, Director of Communications and Partnerships, Malaria No More UK commented “I am delighted by the support we have received from our partners both across the malaria community and within the communications industry. It’s their resounding commitment to combat one of our planet’s most deadly diseases that has seen them come together as one and inspire people all over the world to sit up, take notice and take action at this historic moment.”
- Weber Shandwick Recognized for Groundbreaking LGBT Partnership - Published on 08/17/2018
- Campbell Ewald Recognized for D&I Comms Program - Published on 08/17/2018
- Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/17/2018
- Weber Shandwick’s Emil Hill Receives Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Orion Receives Most Inclusive Climate of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- Carmichael Lynch Receives Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- FCB India Wins Inclusion Campaign of the Year Award - Published on 08/17/2018
- IPG to Present Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/16/2018
- McCann Health London and Merck Launch ‘The Journey’ - Published on 08/14/2018
- Flipkart and Lowe Lintas Encourage Us to #Choose our Age - Published on 08/10/2018