IPG Publishes Third GRI Report and Expands Measurement of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
IPG has issued a new sustainability report, its third utilizing the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Framework. GRI is the international independent standards organization that helps businesses and governments understand, track and communicate their impacts on issues such as climate change and human rights, and is the most widely used comprehensive sustainability reporting standard in the world.
“IPG remains committed to operating as sustainably as possible,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “This means conducting our business in a way that is in sync with the long-term health of the environment, improving the communities where our employees live and work, and ensuring that our company is as diverse and inclusive as possible,” he continued. “The GRI framework enables our employees, clients, partners and investors to track our company’s progress on environmental, social and governance issues using the world’s most accepted standard for these measures. This ongoing and visible commitment to sustainability enhances our reputation and helps us continue to attract and retain top talent who share our values.”
In 2015, IPG began its first formal measurement of emissions and other environmental impacts using Green House Gas Protocol Standards. This year, we expanded our boundary in North America to measure and track the environmental impact of all IPG offices that are 50,000 square feet or larger, down from 100,000 square feet last year. In addition, in the UK, as of 2017 we now track 40% of our portfolio and 100% of our owned facilities, plus our three largest offices in Paris, France. The expanded boundary as of 2017 includes 37% of our worldwide headcount, and 45% of our worldwide square footage.
IPG is also part of Common Ground, a consortium of industry holding companies committed to supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. IPG has adopted Goal #6, access to water and sanitation for all, and the company recently worked with charity: water to fully fund a drilled well in Tigray, Ethiopia, where approximately 70% of the population lacks access to clean water.
IPG’s GRI Report is accessible via the company’s website, and includes topics that cover environmental responsibility, fair labor practices and support for human rights.
- FCB New York Launches Whopper Detour for Burger King - Published on 03/26/2019
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019